‘Trump brings ISIS terrorists to Iraq’


This 24 January 2017 CNN video from the USA says about itself:

Donald Trump is under scrutiny for remarks he made during an appearance at the CIA where he suggested the United States might “have another chance” to take Iraq’s oil supply. CNN’s Barbara Starr reports.

By Steve Sweeney:

Monday, January 20, 2020

US accused of sending Isis fighters to Iraq after government vote

WASHINGTON has been accused of transferring Isis fighters into Iraq to force parliament to reverse a decision demanding its troops leave the country.

The Council of Representatives voted 170-0 on January 5 in a non-binding resolution ordering an end to the US presence in Iraq where it had around 5,200 troops stationed in military bases.

This 6 January 2020 BBC video says about itself:

President Trump has threatened severe sanctions against Iraq after its parliament called on US troops to leave the country.

The Steve Sweeney article continues:

They were invited back into Iraq in 2014 to help in the coalition fight against Isis, after the jihadists took control of large swathes of the country and made Mosul its regional caliphate.

But anger has deepened after the targeted assassination of the Iranian Quds Force commander General Qasem Soleimani who was killed in a US drone strike at Baghdad International airport on January 3.

Washington has given mixed messages about whether it will comply with the request and critics have accused the US of acting as an occupying force for a second time since the illegal invasion in 2003.

Qusai al-Anbari, who leads the Badr Organisation in Anbar province, claimed on Sunday that US forces are relocating Isis fighters from Syria to the region after the area was cleansed of jihadist forces.

This claim was supported by Iraqi security commentator Karim al-Khikani who said Isis operatives had been trained at US bases in Syria, including al-Tanf.

Protests took place across Iraq on Sunday, including the holy cities of Najaf and Karbala as demands for political and economic reform continue to grow.

Preparations are under way for Friday’s “million-man march” called by Islamist cleric Moqtada al-Sadr to demand that US troops leave Iraq.

Mr Sadr called for the government to refrain from attacking the demonstration.

“I hope they are committed to peace, not to harm the security of the people and to subject the country to a fierce civil war,” he said.

Million-man march today to expel all US troops from Iraq: here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.