This video from the USA is called Scientists Discover New Dino, Name It Nasutoceratops titusi.
The fossil record of centrosaurine ceratopsids is largely restricted to the northern region of western North America (Alberta, Montana and Alaska). Exceptions consist of single taxa from Utah (Diabloceratops) and China (Sinoceratops), plus otherwise fragmentary remains from the southern Western Interior of North America.
Here, we describe a remarkable new taxon, Nasutoceratops titusi n. gen. et sp., from the late Campanian Kaiparowits Formation of Utah, represented by multiple specimens, including a nearly complete skull and partial postcranial skeleton. Autapomorphies include an enlarged narial region, pneumatic nasal ornamentation, abbreviated snout and elongate, rostrolaterally directed supraorbital horncores. The subrectangular parietosquamosal frill is relatively unadorned and broadest in the mid-region.
A phylogenetic analysis indicates that Nasutoceratops is the sister taxon to Avaceratops, and that a previously unknown subclade of centrosaurines branched off early in the group’s history and persisted for several million years during the late Campanian. As the first well-represented southern centrosaurine comparable in age to the bulk of northern forms, Nasutoceratops provides strong support for the provincialism hypothesis, which posits that Laramidia—the western landmass formed by inundation of the central region of North America by the Western Interior Seaway—hosted at least two coeval dinosaur communities for over a million years of late Campanian time.
- Nasutoceratops: New Big-Nosed, Long-Horned Dinosaur from Utah (sci-news.com)
- Horned Dinosaur with a ‘Jumbo-sized Shnoz’ Discovered in Utah (latinospost.com)
- New dinosaur with huge nose and horns unearthed in Utah (theverge.com)
- Newly discovered dinosaur Nasutoceratops had cow-like horns | Dr Dave Hone (guardian.co.uk)
- | Nasutoceratops: ‘Big-nose, horn-face’ dinosaur: Jurassic schnoz in Utah! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Dinosaur With Big Nose and Long Horns Discovered in Utah (sciencespacerobots.com)
- Long-Horned Dinosaur With Big Nose Found in Southern Utah (bloomberg.com)
- New Dinosaur Species Nasutoceratops ‘Completely Blew Us Away,’ Researchers Say (natureworldnews.com)
- New Species of Dinosaur Found in Utah Was Triceratops Cousin (blogs.discovermagazine.com)