This video is called BBC Fine Art Collection 3 of 7 – Rembrandt by himself.
From Prensa Latina news agency:
Rembrandt Show for London National Gallery in 2014
London, 11 July – An exhibition examining Rembrandt’s later works is set to open at the National Gallery in London next year.
Rembrandt: The Final Years will feature around 40 paintings, 20 drawings and 30 prints by the Dutch master.
The show will run in London from 15 October 2014 to 18 January 2015 and in Amsterdam from February 2015.
The gallery said the exhibition would highlight the “inspired unprecedented creativity” of the artist’s later years.
“Soulful, honest and deeply moving, in many ways it is the art of these late years that indelibly defines our image of Rembrandt the man and the artist,” it said.
Betsy Wieseman, the gallery’s curator of Dutch and Flemish paintings, said: “As a mature artist he felt himself less bound by conventions and more willing to take artistic and iconographic risks – to venture into areas that other artists weren’t willing to go.”
The Rembrandt exhibition is one of five new shows planned for the National Gallery for 2014.
- This Steampunk Exhibit Invites You to Torture Famous Saints (wired.com)
- Bath Goes Dutch: Ravishing Rembrandts at the Holburne Museum (independent.co.uk)
- Rembrandt portrait study (erikvanelven.blogspot.com)
- Best Attractions in London-London’s National gallery (willisb88.wordpress.com)
- Rembrandt in Little Rock (arktimes.com)
- Amsterdam – Day 2 (July 9) (caseygoestoeurope.wordpress.com)