This video is called Mass demonstration over women’s rights in Tunisia.
Tunisia: Women March in Habib Bourguiba Avenue to Demand Entrenchment of Their Rights
9 March 2013
Tunis — A large number of women from different horizons (independents, trade unionists and politicians) marched Saturday in Habib Bourguiba Avenue to demand the entrenchment of the political, social and economic rights of Tunisian women.
During this event held in conjunction with the International Women’s Day celebrated on March 8 each year, protesters denounced the violence as well as all forms of discrimination against women. They shouted slogans against the government and the Ennahdha Party, claiming the constitutionalisation of full equality between men and women in all areas.
Tunis — An association for the defence of former political prisoners, Saturday, called on Tunisian former women political prisoners to mobilise in order to prosecute their torturers: here.
- Tunisians hit the streets once again, trying to bring down the government (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Killing of Tunisian Opposition Figure Angers Nation (voanews.com)
- Thousands gather for Tunisia funeral (bbc.co.uk)
- Tunisia’s Islamist leader pelted with stones (dailystar.com.lb)
- Photos: Tunisians mourn Chokri Belaid assassination (photos.denverpost.com)