This video from the USA is called Joseph Stiglitz – “Market Fundamentalism Is Dead”.
Joseph E. Stiglitz | The Price of Inequality. Joseph E. Stiglitz, Project Syndicate: “America likes to think of itself as a land of opportunity, and others view it in much the same light. But, while we can all think of examples of Americans who rose to the top on their own, what really matters are the statistics … Nowadays, these numbers show that the American dream is a myth. There is less equality of opportunity in the United States today than there is in Europe – or, indeed, in any advanced industrial country for which there are data”: here.
A new study by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities details the explosive growth in income inequality throughout the United States over the past three decades. The report, entitled Pulling Apart, is unique in that it breaks down data regarding inequality to the state level, demonstrating that “the growth in income inequality since the late 1970s has not been a geographically isolated phenomenon”: here.
- Joseph Stiglitz: The Price of Inequality (fora.tv)
- Stiglitz: The Price of Inequality (economistsview.typepad.com)
- Stiglitz: Bank Practices Have Weakened Our Economy (ritholtz.com)
- Stiglitz: Income Inequality Bad for Economy (economistsview.typepad.com)
- Joseph Stiglitz: ‘The American Dream Has Become a Myth’ (readersupportednews.org)
- Inequality in the US: Interview with Economist Joseph Stiglitz – SPIEGEL ONLINE (criticalreadability.wordpress.com)
- Stiglitz: America is No Longer a Land of Opportunity (economistsview.typepad.com)
- Here’s The Thing: Joseph Stiglitz (ritholtz.com)
- Why Inequality Harms Economic Growth (bigthink.com)
Pingback: Jail bankers, economist Stiglitz says | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: United States greatest threat to world peace, opinion poll says | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: United States military cutbacks | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Bioshock Infinite computer game, politics and history | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Economic crisis, new book | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: CIA, torture, spying on Senate, and cover-up | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: More inequality than ever in rich countries | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Greeks, vote No to European Union austerity, economist Stiglitz says | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Banking and crime in Britain | Dear Kitty. Some blog