This National Geographic video is called Bonobo Chimps: Girls Rule!
Bonobos are caring because they are led by females: here.
Bonobos Will Share With Strangers Before Acquaintances: here.
Also in Congo: Ten million trees planted in crucial mountain gorilla habitat. Gorilla evolution: here.
Gorillas Mate Face-to-Face in First Photos: here.
A chimpanzees spatial memory is so precise that it can find a single tree among thousands in a forest: here.
Bonobos stay young longer: here.
- Apes battle for survival in the Congo (cnn.com)
- Food for friendship: Bonobos share with strangers in exchange for company (eurekalert.org)
- Bonobos Offer Banana Bribes for Friendship (blogs.smithsonianmag.com)
- Bonobo Habitat Threatened by Human Activity and Forest Loss (natureworldnews.com)
- Study finds the forgotten ape threatened by human activity and forest loss (eurekalert.org)
- Bonobos Face Shrinking Habitat in Africa (livescience.com)
- Bonobos, Endangered Great Apes, Face Threat from Growing Human Population (scienceworldreport.com)
- The Strange – and Sweet – Chimp Behaviour You Never Knew Existed (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
- the bonobotopia. (3quarksdaily.com)