This video from the USA is called Martin Luther King, “Why I Am Opposed to the War in Vietnam”.
From the History News Network in the USA:
Martin Luther King‘s True Legacy: Revolutionary Ideals
By Randal Maurice Jelks
It was a momentous day this past November when the ground breaking for the monument to Martin Luther King, Jr., occurred.
However, when it is built the powerful message that King delivered to his contemporaries will be diluted by effusive rhetoric obscuring historical reality.
The reality is that Martin Luther King held revolutionary ideals rooted in the 18th-century vision of freedom and equality and grounded by a Christian theological vision of social justice.
With these ideals, he and his fellow civil rights workers intentionally created national discomfort in cities, north as well as south, throughout the 1960s.
King articulated the great revolutionary hope that human beings might one day live in a world of individuality, mutuality and respect.
King’s ideals were also derived from a human rights tradition rooted in the long fight against slavery.
See also here.
- Martin Luther King Jr. honored in Norfolk (wtkr.com)
- Volunteer Fair to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Virginia Beach (wtkr.com)
- Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! (scottdavidbrown.com)
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s Dream Of Economic Equality Still Not A Reality (huffingtonpost.com)
- Remembering the Real Martin Luther King (truthdig.com)
- Celebs Tweet about Martin Luther King Jr. (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Speeches Still Hold Significance Today (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)