This is a little bittern video from Spain.
July 2010: The rare little bittern has successfully nested in Somerset in what is only the second confirmed breeding of the bird in the UK. The first was in Yorkshire in 1984. The little bittern is a small member of the heron family that nests in wetlands, making the reedbed at the RSPB‘s Ham Wall nature reserve near Glastonbury, an ideal location.
- East of England: Shock decline in wildlife species (eadt.co.uk)
- If we think big and long term we can turn nature around (ntpressoffice.wordpress.com)
- Birds of the Bible – Herons On Tampa Bay (leesbird.com)
- Flying start for winged wonders at old mine (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Paradise lost… (fromthewhiterabbit.wordpress.com)
- British osprey chicks hatching (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)