This is a Robert Capa video.
From British weekly Socialist Worker:
Robert Capa and Gerda Taro: Capturing moments of suffering and resistance
Lindsey German finds new exhibitions of war photography by Robert Capa and Gerda Taro the perfect antidote to today’s war coverage
“If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough,” stated Robert Capa, the famous war photographer. Well no one could accuse Capa of not getting close enough.
He is most famous for his photos of the Spanish Civil War. He also travelled to China to document the war between China and Japan and was a photographer at the D-Day landings in 1944.
He pictured a US soldier against a swastika-adorned monument when the German city of Leipzig was liberated from the Nazis in 1945.
GOOGLE dedicated its home page today to pioneering photographer and socialist icon Gerda Taro on her 108th birthday. The search engine displayed a “doodle” image of Ms Taro, whose death in the Spanish civil war made her the first female photojournalist to be killed in armed conflict: here.
Scotland’s solidarity with Republican Spain: here.
- Photographers Robert Capa and Gerda Taro: Love in a time of war (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Alt-J – Taro, Love the history to this song This song is about the Death of Gerda Taro and her Husband Robert Capa. They were war photographers. Taro died in 1937 after a car she was in collided with a tank. Capa lived another 17 years and died while ph (lucycolbourne.wordpress.com)
- Incredible war photos of Robert Capa, born 100 years ago this week (dailymail.co.uk)
- Robert Capa’s work. (meuparadise.wordpress.com)
- Wave of artistically entwined awesome, Alt-J (audiomob.wordpress.com)
- Differing Representations of War: O’Sullivan vs. Capa (gustavson311.wordpress.com)
- Robert Capa (rororoar.wordpress.com)
- Robert Capa in Rome (romehotelservice.wordpress.com)
- In the Galleries: Robert Capa (utexas.edu)