This music video is called HARRY LOCO – PEACE DEMONSTRATION AMSTERDAM 2003.
Translated from the Dutch site Openheid over Irak:
14 February 2008
Probably, there is not any precedent in massiveness and harshness of ministers criticizing a decision of their own government. Nine members of the first Balkenende administration [in office, as a caretaker cabinet, as Bush invaded Iraq in 2003], when asked by TV program NOVA, said that, according to them, the decision to give [“political”, not “military”] support to the war in Iraq was taken on a base of dubious and even plainly wrong information. Fourteen out of the twenty-eight members of that government told their views – anonymously – to NOVA. According to over two-thirds of those, the rationale for that decision was dodgy or rotten.
Two coroners criticised the Ministry of Defence yesterday after hearing that the deaths of three British soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq could have been prevented had they been better equipped: here.
- Leukaemia and birth defect babies in Iraq (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Media’s Reporting on Syria as Terrible as It Was on Iraq (ritholtz.com)
- US Soon to Go to War With Syria Over Previously Nonexistent WMDs (moonbattery.com)
- What are the concequences of military intervention in Syria? (rileyfrost.wordpress.com)
- CIA Files Show America Helped Saddam Hussein As He Gassed Iran (news.firedoglake.com)
- Fox News Whitewashes Origins Of Iraq War To Push Military Intervention In Syria (ripley8.newsvine.com)
- Nathan Gardels: Hans Blix: Whether Obama in Syria or Bush in Iraq, The US Is Not the World Police (huffingtonpost.com)
- Imperial Bombing: UK & US set to ‘Strike’ Syria within Days (21stcenturywire.com)
- Party Like It’s 2003 (gregmitchellwriter.blogspot.com)
From NYCLAW in the USA:
GI SPECIAL 6B10:
THE NEW ISSUE OF TRAVELING SOLDIER IS OUT!
NEED SOME TRUTH? CHECK OUT TRAVELING SOLDIER
Telling the truth – about the occupation or the criminals running the
government in Washington – is the first reason for Traveling Soldier. But
we want to do more than tell the truth; we want to report on the resistance
– whether it’s in the streets of Baghdad, New York, or inside the armed
Our goal is for Traveling Soldier to become the thread that ties
working-class people inside the armed services together. We want this
newsletter to be a weapon to help you organize resistance within the armed
If you like what you’ve read, we hope that you’ll join with us in building
a network of active duty organizers. http://www.traveling-soldier.org/
And join with Iraq War vets in the call to end the occupation and bring our
troops home now! (www.ivaw.org/)
THIS ISSUE FEATURES:
1. “I, personally, don’t believe in fighting for the profit of a handful of
people. I also don’t believe in fighting for a government that is willing,
if not eager, to f— its own people over” says a soldier stationed in
2. “Not us. We’re not going.” — A Unit Revolts
3. Moving Forward Together – IVAW member Liam Madden explains why building
a grassroots GI movement, not voting for a pro-occupation presidential
candidate, will bring the troops home.
4. “The first time I put on that uniform I hoped I would wear it with
honor. On Sept. 15, I finally did,” says Iraq veteran Michael Prysner at an
5. While Bush’s Buddies Cash In On the War, Pentagon Scum Won’t Supply
Wounded Female Troops With Clothes Forcing Them to Beg Civilians for Help
“The military are the final, essential weak point of Bush and
One day while I was in a bunker in Vietnam, a sniper round went over my
head. The person who fired that weapon was not a terrorist, a rebel, an
extremist, or a so-called insurgent. The Vietnamese individual who tried to
kill me was a citizen of Vietnam, who did not want me in his country. This
truth escapes millions.
U.S. Army Medic
December 13, 2004
OCCUPATION ISN’T LIBERATION
ALL TROOPS HOME NOW!
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE RESISTANCE
END THE OCCUPATION
GI Special Looks Even Better Printed Out
GI Special issues are archived at website http://www.militaryproject.org .
The following have chosen to post issues; there may be others:
If printed out, this newsletter is your personal property and cannot
legally be confiscated from you. “Possession of unauthorized material may
not be prohibited.” DoD Directive 1325.6 Section 188.8.131.52.
Pingback: Ex-NATO boss says bombing Syria is wrong, but should still be supported | Dear Kitty. Some blog