From the Google cache of Dear Kitty ModBlog:
10/25/05 at 9:39PM
Mood: Listening Playing: Four green fields
Tonight in the theatre, various artists performed.
First on stage was local slam poet Jaap Montagne.
After Jaap Montagne were Blue Monday.
They played various types of Irish folk music, both instrumentals and with vocals.
Also Four Green Fields.
A song ostensibly on a farming woman and her family facing unnamed crooks trying to take away her land.
However, this is a thinly veiled metaphor for the history of Ireland with its invasions and occupations from England.
And other songs by the Wolfe Tones.
After a pause, I did my column on George W. Bush, “Intelligent Design” and the Divine (were they really??) voices in his head telling him to invade Iraq.
The young rappers of Horizontaal were next.
One of their raps criticized Bush’s so called war on terror.
Then, Jaap Montagne came back for his second set.
This time not as a poet, but as a singer and guitar player.
All his songs of tonight were Bob Dylan songs.
Including Like a rolling stone; I shall be released; Love Minus Zero; and Just like a woman.
Rolling Stones vs. George W Bush: here.
Folk music of 1950s and 60s: here.
Irish musician Tony Reidy: here.
The Wolfe Tones and Irish Republicanism: here.
- Serious Vintage Rock Poster Buyer Andrew Hawley Seeks Bob Dylan/Joan Baez 1965 Public Auditorium Portland, Oregon Concert Poster (prweb.com)
- Upcoming Irish traditional music events in and around New York (irishcentral.com)
- Yes You Can Hear Great Music – Irish Pogues – Wonderful! (hearingwellbeing.com)
- MUSIC: Irish Rovers (kitsapsun.com)
- Ireland: The Wolfe Tones – Erin Go Bragh (jobblog2011.wordpress.com)
- Dylan biopic I’m Not There: a ragtag and Bob tale (guardian.co.uk)
- Alicia Keys Still Waiting For Introduction To Bob Dylan (contactmusic.com)
- 7 Bob Dylan Songs That Teach You Everything You Need To Know About Love And Heartache (wcbsfm.cbslocal.com)
- Bob Dylan To Receive Guitar Strap For Concert At Xcel (minnesota.cbslocal.com)