This video is called American ECONOMIC CRISIS: POVERTY at a all time HIGH, the American DREAM is in THREAT.
By Kate Randall in the USA:
Nearly 50 million living in poverty in US
16 November 2012
The ranks of the unemployed in the United States rose last year to 49.7 million, based on a new measure that provides a fuller picture of poverty than that previously reported by U.S. Census Bureau data. The revised poverty rate of 16.1 percent is up more than a percentage point from the 15 percent figure reported by the government in September.
Coming a little more than a week after the 2012 elections, the news that nearly one in six Americans is living in poverty received little attention in the media or from the Obama administration. Neither big-business party has any policies to alleviate growing poverty, which is exacerbated by entrenched unemployment and a sluggish economy.
See also here.
Poverty and food insecurity are making Americans sick: here.
- Poverty (washington.cbslocal.com)
- CashNetUSA | One in Four Americans âPoor,â a New Study Shows – CashNetUSA (cashnetusa.com)
- Ranks of Poor Americans at Record High Even With Aid – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Experts: 50 Million Poor Need Safety Net, Not Austerity (commondreams.org)
- Fuller picture of poverty: 49.7M poor people in US (kfwbam.com)
- Remember the Poor During this Season of Door-Busting Holiday Consumerism – Nearly 50M Poor in the United States, New Report Says (ithacaindy.com)
- Andrew Sullivan – Is Poverty Worse Than We Realize? (desertdogmeh.wordpress.com)