Belgian fascist suspect of Brabant massacres

This BBC video says about itself:

Operation Gladio: NATO’s 1985 Brabant Massacres in Belgian Supermarkets

10 July 2014

Friday September 27 [1985]: more or less 20:00 armed robbery and a killing in the Delhaize supermarket on rue de la Graignette in Braine-l’Alleud. Less than $6,000.00 was stolen. Three people were killed, two people wounded.

Friday September 27: more or less 20:30 (only 15 to 25 minutes after the first attack that night) armed robbery and a killing in the Delhaize supermarket on Brusselsesteenweg in Overijse. Less than $25,000.00 was stolen. Five people were killed, one person wounded.

Saturday November 9 more or less 19:30 armed robbery and a killing in the Delhaize supermarket on Parklaan in Aalst. Less than $25,000.00 was stolen. Eight people were killed, a few more people wounded.

Translated from NOS TV in the Netherlands:

New arrest in Brabant killers case

Wednesday Oct 22, 2014, 21:54 (Update: 22-10-14, 22:12)

In Belgium, possibly a breakthrough has been achieved in the investigation into the Brabant killers gang. Michel Libert (70), the former second in command of the extreme right-wing group Westland New Post (WNP) has been arrested.

Libert and other WNP members worked at the NATO Transmission Centre in Evere near Brussels. The official aim of Westland New Post was to fight Soviet infiltration in NATO. In practice, they perpetrated murders and other crimes in Belgium.

In investigations of the Brabant killers gang, Libert had been interrogated several times as a witness, but had not previously been a suspect.

The Brabant killers committed in 1982, 1983 and 1985 a number of murders and very violent robberies, burglaries and thefts. They caused a total of 28 deaths.

The group WNP was potentially involved in these robberies. That was explained by ex-gangster Eric Lammens [sic; Lammers], who was himself a member of WNP, recently on a Belgian television program.

Libert was arrested Monday in Brussels after a tip from a man from France. …

November next year it will be 30 years after the last robbery, and then the case will be barred. The Justice Department has asked politicians to extend the deadline with ten more years.

Translated from the RTBF (French language TV in Belgium):

Of particular interest to the Brabant killers investigators are orders that Michel Libert would give to his subordinates for the supervision of department stores, driveways and parking lots exits, and exact places of cash registers funds and departments. All this was in the early 80s, so, shortly before the most serious crimes: the 1985 attacks at car parks and shops of the Delhaize group (17 people killed in three months). Michel Libert admitted this to our BBC colleagues in 1992.

Let us recall that the WNP organization consisted mainly of right-wing extremists, including soldiers and gendarmes. New people could only join it by sponsorship by members.

Afghans protest against NATO killing civilians

This video says about itself:

Afghan Officials Say Air Strike Killed Civilians, NATO Says ‘enemy’

13 October 2014

An Afghan official said a NATO air strike killed seven civilians in the country’s east, including a nine-year-old child, but the international coalition said on Monday the strike killed eight militants who had fired on its forces. …

The deputy governor of Paktia province, Abdul Wali Sahi, said villagers brought seven bodies from the Udkey area of Gardez city to the provincial capital, saying they were all civilians killed in an air strike.

Sahi said an investigation has been launched, but that initial reports suggested the villagers were gathering firewood on a mountainside for the upcoming winter on Sunday when they were fired on.

From daily The Morning Star in Britain:

Paktia villagers in Afghanistan demand justice after Nato air strike

Tuesday 14th October 2014

Villagers protested at Afghanistan’s Paktia province governor’s office yesterday, saying that a Nato air strike had killed seven civilians.

Nato claimed that Sunday night’s “precision strike” had killed “eight armed enemy combatants.”

But hundreds of villagers brought seven bodies — including one of a 12-year-old boy — to the governor’s office, claiming that all had been collecting firewood before the strike that injured an eighth man.

“From the evidence it seems that all seven who have been killed in the air strike of the coalition forces are civilians, but this needs to be investigated more to find out why and how this incident has happened,” said deputy governor Abdul Wali Sahee.

NATO airstrike, at least 11 Afghan civilians dead

This 2013 video is called NATO Airstrike Kills 11 Children Under 8 in Kunar, Afghanistan.

From Deutsche Welle in Germany today:

NATO airstrike kills at least 11 Afghan civilians

At least 11 Afghan civilians have been killed in a NATO airstrike targeting Taliban fighters in the eastern province of Kunar. Afghan President Hamid Karzai has condemned the attack “in the strongest terms.”

A NATO airstrike late on Tuesday in Kunar, one of the Afghanistan‘s most volatile provinces, killed 11 Afghan civilians and wounded another 12, local officials said on Wednesday.

Provincial police chief Abdul Habib Sayedkheli said the NATO airstrike in the district of Narang had been requested by Afghan soldiers and police after coming under attack from the Taliban.


A statement from the Afghan presidential palace said President Hamid Karzai had condemned the attack “in the strongest terms.”

Civilian casualties caused by misguided NATO aircraft remain highly sensitive in Afghanistan, occasionally triggering street protests and heightening tensions between NATO and Karzai’s government.

According to Assiocated Press, the death toll is fourteen.