Croatian neo-nazi swastika vandalism on international football pitch

This 12 June 2015 football video is called Nazi swastika pattern seen on the field during Croatia vs. Italy Euro qualifier.

From weekly The Observer in Britain:

Croatian president calls for swastika perpetrators to be punished

• Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic: ‘This act has inflicted immeasurable damage’
• Large symbol appeared in the turf before Euro 2016 qualifier with Italy

Saturday 13 June 2015 13.18 BST

The president of Croatia, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, has called for a swift investigation and punishment for the people who imprinted a swastika cross on the pitch in Split, where Croatia drew 1-1 with Italy in a Euro 2016 qualifier on Friday.

“This act has inflicted immeasurable damage on the reputation of Croatian citizens and their homeland all over the world. Therefore, we must finally put a stop to such things,” Grabar-Kitarovic said in a statement released on Saturday. “I condemn in the strongest possible terms the swastika on the pitch. I demand an urgent investigation and a decisive response from the relevant institutions to find and process the perpetrators.”

Croatia played Italy behind closed doors at Split’s Stadion Poljud having been handed a one-match ban for racist chants by their fans in March’s 5-1 home win against Norway in Zagreb. That followed incidents during a 1-1 draw against Italy in Milan last November when flares were hurled on to the pitch.

The swastika sign impregnated in the grass through a chemical agent days earlier became visible during the match. The incident left Croatia players and the national governing body, the HNS, fearing drastic punishment from the Uefa.

“This is a clear attack on football and we will without a doubt be severely punished,” the HNS’s secretary-general, Damir Vrbanovic, said on Saturday. “We have all been slapped in the face by hooligans and it was not an accident, it was a calculated move. The cameras will identify the perpetrators, but the shame will stay,” he said.

The result against Italy left Croatia top of Group H with 14 points from six games, two ahead of Italy and four clear of Norway.

Hundreds of refugees drown in Meditteranean, again

This United Nations video says about itself:

Mediterranean Drownings: The High Commissioner’s Comments

15 April 2015

The High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres expressed shock at news from the Mediterranean that hundreds of people were missing after their boat sank and called anew for urgent action to prevent such tragedies in the future.

More than 400 people drown in Mediterranean Sea as ship carrying African migrants from Libya to Italy capsizes: here.

THE UN refugee agency has said once again that not enough is being done to save the lives of the tens of thousands of migrants who are being driven by hunger to try to cross the Mediterranean from Libya to Europe: here.

Four hundred migrants fleeing Libya have reportedly drowned after their boat capsized in the Mediterranean last weekend. A spokesman for the International Organisation for Migration in Italy told Agence France-Presse that survivors reported there were up to 550 people on board when the ship sank. Around a dozen bodies have been recovered so far: here.

Italian colonial war in Libya, yet again?

This video is called Lion of the Desert (1981) Trailer. That film is about Italian dictator Mussolini’s colonial war in Libya.

Translated from NOS TV in the Netherlands:

Italy ready for military intervention in Libya

Today, 14:58

Italy wants to intervene militarily in Libya soon. Premier Renzi is just waiting for a UN resolution that allows him to send troops. Italians who are still in Libya are asked to leave the country. …

Developments in Libya are traditionally followed closely in Italy. In the first part of the 19th century, Libya was an Italian colony.

NOS TV does not seem to know Italian colonial history well. Libya was an Italian colony, not in ‘the first part of the 19th century’, but in the first part of the 20th century. It became a colony after bloody colonial war by the fascist generals of Italy’s ‘Duce’ Mussolini. About one third of Libyans were massacred.

Mr Renzi also does not seem to know Italian colonial history well. During the second world war, Italy lost Libya as a colony, and then World War II, as not even Adolf Hitler sending general Rommel to Libya was able to keep that African country under Italian colonial rule.

Mr Renzi also does not seem to know recent Italian neo-colonial history well. In 2011, Renzi’s predecessor Silvio Berlusconi along with his NATO allies fought a neo-colonial war, officially ‘about human rights’, in practice about oil, for regime change in Libya. That war led to the present bloody war in Libya, in which half of NATO’s 2011 Libyan allies are now allies of NATO allies Saudi Arabia and Egypt; and the other half are now allies of NATO allies Qatar and Turkey. The two sides kill each other, and mostly civilians. Before the NATO military intervention in Libya, there was no Al Qaeda there. Today, Al Qaeda and similar violent groups are spreading out from Libya to other countries. ISIS terrorists, even worse than Al Qaeda, have a strong presence in the ‘new’ Libya.

Is Mr Renzi really under the illusion that another neo-colonial war would have any better results than previous colonial and neo-colonial wars?

German army association demands massive armaments increase: here.

German President Gauck’s human rights imperialism: here.

Michelangelo bronze sculpture discovery in England

This video from Cambridge University in England says about itself:

Michelangelo bronzes discovered

2 February 2015

It was thought that no bronzes by Michelangelo had survived – now experts believe they have found not one, but two – with a tiny detail in a 500-year-old drawing providing vital evidence. – See more here.

They are naked, beautiful, muscular and ride triumphantly on two ferocious panthers. And now the secret of who created these magnificent metre-high bronze male nudes could well be solved. A team of international experts led by the University of Cambridge and Fitzwilliam Museum has gathered compelling evidence that argues that these masterpieces, which have spent over a century in relative obscurity, are early works by Michelangelo, made just after he completed the marble David and as he was about to embark on the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

If the attribution is correct, they are the only surviving Michelangelo bronzes in the world.