This video from the USA is called Deadly Officer-Involved Shootings Spark Anaheim Police Protests.
Police Violence, Racialized Indifference and a Hunger for Justice in Anaheim. Rania Khalek, Truthout in the USA: “[Manuel] Diaz is just the latest in a long line of police shootings of unarmed people of color. His name has come to symbolize the ongoing struggle against police violence in poor black and brown communities, for which authorities are almost never held to account. In Anaheim, where tension between police and the Latino community has been building for years, Diaz is the match that lit the fire which has spread throughout the city”: here.
Police in Anaheim, California deployed huge numbers of officers against hundreds of demonstators protesting the killing of Manuel Diaz: here.
Attended by hundreds of residents, the first Anaheim, California city council meeting since last month’s police violence and popular unrest took place Wednesday: here.
Shihab Rattansi, Al Jazeera English: “Extreme police tactics are not a new phenomenon in the US. But in the age of social media, police violence, such as the shooting of unarmed people and the use of pepper spray and taser guns, is being documented for the world to see”: here.
As Aurora Holds the Nation’s Attention, Police Shootings Are a Daily Routine: here.
From Aurora to Anaheim, guns are going off everywhere: here.
Saginaw residents spoke to Socialist Equality Party supporters at the site of a July 1 police killing. Six officers shot homeless man Milton Hall 46 times: here.
New York: Anger in East Flatbush Persists Over Teenager’s Killing by the Police: here.
- Mothers make plea for justice in Anaheim shootings (ocregister.com)
- Chattanooga group of 50 rallies to support action against city police violence (timesfreepress.com)
- Police accused of violence at Sydney Mardi Gras (stuff.co.nz)
- Free Speech Hypocrisy: France to Ban Website Documenting Police Violence Against Muslims (loonwatch.com)
- France to Ban Website Documenting Police Violence Against Muslims (leaksource.wordpress.com)
- Protesters Await Decision in Deadly Police Shootings (ktla.com)