London protest against Erdogan’s invasion of Syria

This video from London, England says about itself:

24 March 2018

Protesters outside Downing Street demanding an immediate halt to Turkey’s attack on Afrin.

From daily The Morning Star in Britain:

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Syria: Five-day protest highlights Turkish aggression in Afrin

A FIVE-DAY protest outside Downing Street organised by Defend Afrin Platform has come to an end.

The platform, consisting of various Turkish and Kurdish community groups and activists, staged the demo for nine hours each day before it ended yesterday.

Campaigners aimed to inform members of the public about Turkey’s invasion of Afrin region in north-west Syria.

A spokesman for Defend Afrin, who is originally from Syria, said the Kurdish-administered region was “peaceful, democratic and has equality rights” and that is why it had been targeted by the Turkish military.

Henry, a protester and a young member of the Kurdish community in London, said the demonstrations had been “effective” but they were “not being loud enough.”

He said: “We were out here every day but to the government it’s nothing, just random civilians shouting.”

Another young activist, Gulizar, called for the public to join them in future protests to be a “voice” for the many civilians in Afrin.

She said the demos were important as “there’s so many people in London who don’t know what’s going on.”

On January 20, the Turkish government launched an unprovoked invasion against the people of Afrin in violation of international law.

Its invasion, including widespread air strikes and shelling, have killed hundreds and forced thousands to flee.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has repeatedly said he would “cleanse” the region, has also been accused of recruiting al-Qaida-linked fighters who have indiscriminately killed, looted and terrorised the civilian population.

The British government supports Turkey’s attack, claiming it has the right to defend its borders. Theresa May recently signed a major arms deal with the Turkish government, despite evidence of its use of weapons against civilians.

The Defend Afrin Platform are calling for an end to Turkey’s invasion of Syria and for the government to stop the arms trade to Turkey and other bloody regimes in the Middle East.

Campaigners also want an independent investigation into war crimes in the region and for humanitarian support for civilians in Syria.

A London demonstration will be held on March 31 at 2pm. Protesters will gather outside Marble Arch station before marching to Parliament Square.


Roe deer on video

This video from the Netherlands is about roe deer.

Nazi infiltration of British army, trial

This video says about itself:

British Soldiers Arrested On Suspicion Of Right-Wing Terrorism

5 September 2017

CNN has reported that four British soldiers alleged to be members of banned UK neo-Nazi group National Action have been arrested on suspicion of preparing acts of terror. The men were detained as part of a “pre-planned and intelligence led” operation, according to West Midlands Police … All four suspects are being held by police. A spokesman for the British Army confirmed the arrests. The men, aged 22, 24, 24 and 32, are from England and Wales.

By Ceren Sagir in Britain:

Saturday, March 24, 2018

National Action: Soldier tells trial he knew little about banned nazi sect

A SOLDIER accused of membership of a proscribed neonazi terrorist group claimed yesterday that a more senior colleague handed him propaganda leaflets at an army base.

Private Mark Barrett said that Corporal Mikko Vehvilainen gave him two National Action flyers and had made racist “jokes”.

The serviceman also alleged that he was asked to draw pictures of a swastika and a World War II German tank, which were found in his accommodation.

After he was arrested on suspicion of a terrorism offence at Alexander Barracks, Cyprus, he told authorities that he found Cpl Vehvilainen “intimidating” and that he “scared the crap” out of him.

Pte Barrett, Cpl Vehvilainen and a 23-year-old man who cannot be named in the press are on trial at Birmingham Crown Court accused of National Action membership.

Pte Barrett claimed that he put the leaflets he had been given in his wallet and did not look at them again until they were found after his arrest.

He said the extent of his knowledge of National Action was “they’re a bunch of racist guys”.

National Action were banned in December 2016 after a series of events including posting on Twitter in support of the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox.

Asked about drawings in his sketchbook, Pte Barrett said: “Yeah I’ve got a book, a drawings book, but basically there’s pictures that Vehvilainen asked me to do.

“I like to draw and always have done, so I drew a couple of pictures for him and that was it.”

He added: “I don’t think the pictures themselves were specifically racist. I just think it had, excuse me, the swastika on them.”

Cpl Vehvilainen is charged with possession of a terrorist document — a manifesto written by Norwegian nazi Anders Breivik — and two counts of stirring up racial hatred relating to two online forum posts.

The trial continues on Monday.

Curlew in the Netherlands, video

This 23 March 2018 video is about a curlew at Stellendam harbour in the Netherlands.

Black woodpecker inspects nest hole

This February 2018 video shows a male black woodpecker inspecting a nest hole in the Netherlands; while a blackbird sings.

Trump, ‘mad dog’ Mattis new transphobic attack

This video from the USA says about itself:

Trump issues new ban on most transgender troops

23 March 2018

The new memo is in line with Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis‘ judgment.

From Associated Press today:

Trump bars most transgender troops against serving in the military, except under ‘limited circumstances’

President Trump issued an order late Friday barring most transgender troops from serving in the U.S. armed forces.

People diagnosed with “gender dysphoria…present considerable risk to military effectiveness and lethality,’ the order said.

The Human Rights Campaign lashed out against the administration’s decision.

President Donald Trump released an order Friday night banning most transgender troops from serving in military except under “limited circumstances”, following up on his calls last year to ban transgender individuals from serving.

The White House said retaining troops with a history or diagnosis of “gender dysphoria” — those who may require substantial medical treatment — “presents considerable risk to military effectiveness and lethality.” …

Trump received recommendations from Defense Secretary Jim Mattis in February for dealing with transgender individuals serving in the military. The White House said Mattis and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen agreed with the policy.