Trump wants more deportations from the USA


This video from the USA says about itself:

How Trump’s Deportations Are Breaking Up Real Families

10 February 2017

Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos appears to be one of first undocumented immigrants deported under the Trump administration. Ben Mankiewicz, Hannah Cranston, Brett Erlich, and Aida Rodriguez, hosts of The Young Turks, discuss. Tell us what you think in the comment section below.

“Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos had been in the United States for nearly two decades before she was deported Wednesday to her native country of Mexico.

The married mother of two is thought to be one of the first undocumented immigrants to be deported since US President Donald Trump signed an executive order in January cracking down on illegal immigration.

Her supporters say the deportation shows that Trump’s policy needlessly tears families apart and fails to prioritize dangerous offenders. Here’s what we know about the case so far…

The role of President Trump’s executive order tightening enforcement of illegal immigration laws is another point of contention.
Under the new administration’s policy announced last month, any undocumented immigrant convicted or charged with a crime that hasn’t been adjudicated could be deported. Under the Obama administration, only undocumented immigrants convicted of a felony, serious misdemeanor or multiple misdemeanors were prioritized for deportation. …

Maldonado and other supporters, including Phoenix’s mayor, believe Trump’s executive order had everything to do with it.”*

Read more here.

From Reuters news agency:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 | 9:56pm EST

Trump administration to expand groups of immigrants to be deported: documents

The Trump administration plans to direct immigration agents to greatly expand the categories of immigrants they target for deportation, according to drafts of two memos seen by Reuters and first reported by McClatchy news organization on Saturday.

Two sources familiar with the plans told Reuters the documents have been approved by Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly, but are under final review by the White House. They are expected to be released to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) early next week.

Under the orders, hundreds of thousands of people would face expedited removal proceedings, including those that had not been prioritized for deportation under former President Barack Obama.

The memos are guidance to instruct agents in the field to implement two executive orders signed by Trump on Jan. 25 intended to deter future migration and drive out more illegal migrants from the United States.

One memo instructs ICE agents to ignore Obama’s memos on immigration priorities that targeted only recent arrivals and convicted criminal migrants for deportation. Instead, migrants who have been charged with crimes but not convicted would be prioritized for deportation. The guidance also allows ICE agents wide discretion in deciding who to deport and considers anyone in the United States illegally to be subject to deportation.

The guidance does leave in place Obama’s 2012 executive action that protected 750,000 people brought to the United States illegally by their parents. The fate of the policy, known as DACA, has been hotly debated within the White House, according to sources familiar with the discussions. Trump said in a news conference Friday that DACA was a “very difficult subject” for him.

The ICE memo also states that immigrants will not be afforded rights under U.S. privacy laws.

The second memo instructs CBP officers to crack down on illegal migration at the border by holding migrants in detention until a determination in their case is made.

The Department of Homeland Security did not deny any information contained in the draft memos but did not provide further detail.

A source familiar with the guidance said the memos were scheduled to be distributed on Friday but the White House made a last-minute request to review them. It is not known whether the White House may alter the guidance.

Dutch racists vandalize Moluccan mosque


Moluccan mosque in Waalwijk

Translated from Dutch NOS TV:

Moluccan mosque in Waalwijk daubed

Today, 13:19

Strangers have tonight daubed the Moluccan [from the Maluku islands in the Malay archipelago] An-Nur mosque in Waalwijk with slogans. “Fuck Allah” and “Fuck Isis“, it says on walls and windows.

Visitors to the mosque speak of “a cowardly act”. “We have nothing to do with ISIS and we do not want to have anything to do with it,” said one of them to Omroep Brabant broadcasting organisation. The mosque people would like to get in touch with the perpetrators to talk.

Also an apartment building near the mosque was daubed.

Stand Up to Trump Britain update


This video from England says about itself:

30 January 2017

In response to the xenophobic and racist executive order signed by Donald Trump, the new president of United States of America, which immediately barred entry to the US to any national of countries (namely Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen) which have been most damaged by past and present US adventurism and violence sponsored by the US government or its allies or carried out directly by the US military and/or those of its allies, regardless of whether these nationals were US residents/citizens, protests erupted around the world. Protests were held in the UK, on the 30th of January 2017, as an emergency show of public disapproval of the executive order as well as disapproval of the reaction of United Kingdom’s prime minister, Theresa May, who had already invited Donald Trump to a state visit to the UK and refused to rebuke the executive order, which was signed by Trump shortly after her visit with him at the White House, where they were photographed holding hands while walking together.

This video shows highlights of protests held at Whitehall, London, opposite Downing Street (the UK prime minister’s official residence). More details on protests held around the UK on this day can be found here.

Some of the common slogans shouted by demonstrators in London, who had completely packed the length of Whitehall (from Trafalgar Square to Parliament Square), were:

Shame on (Theresa) May,
Say it loud. Say it clear. Refugees are welcome here,
No state visit,
No Trump. No KKK. No Fascist USA.

By Steve Sweeney in Britain:

Campaign to dump Trump gathers steam

Saturday 18th February 2017

Hundreds gather to plan state visit protest

HUNDREDS of people are gathering in central London today to demand that Prime Minister Theresa May cancel a planned state visit for US President Donald Trump.

The newly formed Stand Up to Trump committee — a broad coalition of trade unions, Muslim organisations and campaign groups — is holding a national organising summit to stop the billionaire bigot’s state visit to Britain, which is expected to take place over the summer.

Activists have vowed to hold the “biggest ever protest in British history” if his visit goes ahead.

The summit takes place as Mr Trump has escalated his attacks on minorities, with a leaked memo documenting chilling plans to mobilise 100,000 reserve troops to round up millions of unauthorised immigrants in the US.

It would be the first time that national guards would be used on immigration matters away from the Mexican border, with troop deployments potentially taking place in Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.

The document states that troops would be used “to perform the functions of an immigration officer in relation to the investigation, apprehension and detention of aliens in the United States.”

Census data suggests that almost half of the country’s 11.1 million “unauthorised” immigrants live in the 11 states targeted.

A Stand Up to Trump spokesman said: “A new movement is being born to impress upon Theresa May and her government our opposition to US President Donald Trump being accorded a state visit or any official visit to this country.

Racism, sexism, misogyny, Islamophobia, antisemitism, homophobia, war-mongering, climate change denial or policies designed to boost the wealth of the already super-rich should not be rewarded or celebrated in this country.

“Most people in Britain want no part of it. They do not expect our government to condone or celebrate such policies or the values that stand behind them. That is why we say no Trump in Britain.”

Stand Up to Trump has called for the biggest possible demonstration outside Parliament on Monday February 20 from 3pm to coincide with the Westminster Hall debate on the visit, triggered after a petition gathered 1.8m signatures.

DONALD TRUMP’S stumbling administration took another blow on Thursday evening when retired vice-admiral Robert Harward turned down an offer to be the president’s new national security adviser: here.

Some of the statements coming out of the White House such as the idea that more countries should get nuclear weapons or that climate change is a Chinese hoax may appear deranged but actually do constitute a real threat that needs to be vigorously opposed, says KEN LIVINGSTONE.

UNION and worker lobbying, combined with GOP senators’ qualms about his issue stands and business practices, forced fast food magnate Andrew Puzder to drop out of being Donald Trump’s nominee as secretary of labour earlier this week: here.