This 2014 video from London, England is called Save Earl’s Court: Our Voices Will Be Heard.
By Peter Lazenby in London, England:
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
TORY Kensington and Chelsea Council will be targeted for a protest tonight over plans to build luxury homes on a 22-acre site in the Earl’s Court area.
Councillors will meet to discuss the project with developers Capco at the committee.
Natasha Gordon, who fled her home next to Grenfell Tower following the fire in 2017, said: “After the Grenfell fire the government said it would build social housing, but there is none planned for this huge anti-social luxury development.
“The council should learn lessons from the fire and put local families first — building homes for us to live in, not for millionaires to speculate with.”
Fire Brigades Union (FBU) General Secretary Matt Wrack has said the government’s inquiry in the Grenfell Tower fire is in danger of becoming a “whitewash.” He told the Guardian, “The views I am expressing are being expressed more bluntly in fire stations, that this is in danger of turning into a stitch-up of firefighters … the only thing they did on the night was turn up to put a fire out and yet they are the people that have come under most scrutiny so far”: here.
Campaigners have reacted with frustration at news that criminal charges over the Grenfell Tower fire may not be considered until 2021. Scotland Yard said it would not hand a file to prosecutors until the end of a public inquiry into the disaster. Survivors’ group Grenfell United said families were disheartened by a lack of official progress: here.