Susan of the fine literary S. E. Wigget blog has been so kind to nominate Dear Kitty. Some blog for the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you so much for this kind gesture!
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards; etc.):
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 6 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Susan’s six questions are:
1. How do you advertise your blog to others?
Put a picture or video on top of posts; which search engines seem to prefer.
2. How long do you spend blogging per week?
It depends. In some weeks, there is more inspiration and news than in others. And sometimes, there is less time for the Internet.
3. How many posts do you post per week, on average?
4. Which of your posts is your favorite so far?
A difficult question as there are many candidates.
Maybe this one.
5. Why did you choose to create the blog you did?
I started blogging in 2005 because it was a good alternative to e-mailing lots of people. Then, on ModBlog which does not exist anymore. For my motivation, see here.
6. Are pictures or words more important to you? Or are they equally important?
It depends. In some blog posts, the words are the most important. In others, the photos or the video. Usually, I start with the words. But sometimes, the picture or video which I add later turn out to be more important 🙂
My questions for my nominees are the same as Susan’s.
My nominees are:
5. Kana Wanders
6. The Nester
11. baby finch