Donald Trump attacks solar energy, washing machines


This video from the USA says about itself:

President Trump Slaps Tariffs on Solar Panels in Major Blow to Renewable Energy

22 January 2018

Dutch NOS TV reports today (translated):

The United States is introducing new import tariffs for washing machines and solar panels. The decision is in line with President Trump‘s America First policy.

This will make solar energy and washing machines much more expensive in the USA.

Solar energy goes against Donald Trump’s financial interests in Big Oil; so, this is promotion of global warming. Many solar panels are imported from China, so these new tariffs fit in with Trump’s economic war on China, as if Trump’s threat of nuclear bombing of North Korea, next door to China, is not already enough.

Many washing machines are imported from South Korea. A revenge by Trump on South Korea for not going along enthusiastically with nuclear bombing of North Korea, next door?

And/or maybe Trump thinks that only the richest 1% of people in the USA should be able to pay for washing machines; while the other 99% should wash their clothes in polluted rivers.

Britain: WESTMINSTER must stand up to US President Donald Trump and tell him he is wrong on UN funding cuts, climate change and refugees, shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry told MPs today: here.

US President Donald Trump has taken a major step toward launching an international trade war by slapping a 25 percent tariff on steel imports and a 10 percent tariff on aluminium: here.

USA: Major challenge in mass production of low-cost solar cells solved. Spray coating could make perovskite an inexpensive alternative to silicon for solar panels, explains BYU Tandon School of Engineering’s AndrĂ© D. Taylor.

51 thoughts on “Donald Trump attacks solar energy, washing machines

  1. Pingback: British anti-climate change strikers interviewed | Dear Kitty. Some blog

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.