This video says about itself:
11 August 2017
The pesticide Fipronil was recently found in eggs originating from poultry farms in the Netherlands and Belgium. The investigation is still ongoing. Some of the eggs were exported to other European countries.
Another video used to say about itself:
4 August 2017
Fipronil: What is it – and how did it get into our eggs?
Fipronil is an insecticide that – in an ideal world – should never find its way into a chicken coop. But somehow it got mixed in with “Dega 16,” a cleaning agent and sanitizer used on many poultry farms. The cleaning agent has not only been used for pest control in the Netherlands, but also in the German state of Lower Saxony, where eggs are now being thoroughly examined to see if they contain traces of Fipronil. Farms where the chemical was sprayed have been closed and eggs pulled from stores.
“Fipronil should never have been used around chickens,” Leif Miller, director of the German environment association NABU (Nature And Biodiversity Conservation Union) said in a press statement. “But this new scandal doesn’t come as a surprise. The European Union needs to fundamentally change their agrarian and food policies, so that ecological and nature-friendly farming becomes worthwhile again.”
Fipronil is highly toxic and used as a pesticide to protect crops as well as in veterinary medicine to kill off fleas, lice, ticks, roaches and mites. It is not allowed anywhere near animals in the food production chain, including chicken. Fipronil is also dangerous for honey bees. To protect the endangered insects, the use of Fipronil on corn seeds has long been prohibited.
The insecticide can be absorbed by the skin or ingested orally. Eating eggs contaminated by Fipronil can lead to liver, kidney and thyroid damages. Having said that you would need ingest a large proportion of eggs. Those who did might have to deal with irritated eyes and skin; nausea and vomiting.
With current Fipronil levels, Germany’s Federal Institute for Risk Assessment estimates that a child who weighs around 16 kilograms (35 pounds) could eat 1.7 eggs per day without reaching the threshold where Fipronil levels become dangerous. This includes products that contain egg, like pancakes or pasta. …
The levels currently measured in contaminated eggs aren’t very high and thus not dangerous for adults, however authorities and experts have advised parents to not let their children eat contaminated eggs.
If a pest infestation at a farm is treated with Fipronil, the animals’ skin – or feathers, in case of chickens – could absorb the insecticide. Traces can then also be found in animal products, like eggs. Through “Dega 16,” Fipronil got into the chickens and thus into the eggs as well.
In the European Union, every egg is stamped with a number. That’s how consumers can retrace the country of origin and even which farm the egg is from. German media have published lists of the numbers that mark contaminated eggs.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
EU: Insecticide in eggs affair sparks call for food safety reform
Monday 7th August 2017
Campaigners whipped up a storm as spokeswoman Katrien Stragier revealed that Belgium’s food safety agency had known eggs could be contaminated with the insecticide Fipronil as far back as June — but had not warned the public or governments of countries importing the Dutch eggs so as to maintain the secrecy of the investigation.
The bad eggs have been pulled from supermarket shelves across Germany as shops scramble to contain the risk.
Die Linke [Left political party] consumer policy spokeswoman Karin Binder said that not one of 400 local authorities had spotted the problem, pointing to systemic underfunding of food inspection in Germany.
Leif Miller of Germany’s National Bureau of Nature Conservation said the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy rewards “mass instead of class,” leading unscrupulous farmers to cut corners for a quick buck.
“The temptation is great to resort to sometimes illegal means … to maximise production,” he said. “The EU needs to fundamentally change its agrarian policy so nature-friendly farming becomes economical.”
Fipronil is used as a delousing agent on pets and as a pesticide on crops. It is illegal to use in the vicinity of animals in food production chains as its ingestion can cause liver, kidney and thyroid damage.
Dutch company ChickFriend deloused chickens at farms with Fipronil without having a licence or being registered for delousing. They refused to tell farmers with what exactly they deloused, claiming that was confidential corporate information.
ChickFriend bought the illegal Fipronil, but gave it a different name, according to Dutch daily NRC. Fipronil is illegal as it damages human health.
ChickFriend probably bought the insectide from Belgian businessman Patrick R., who bought it in Romania.