‘Stop Erdogan’s wars in Syria, Iraq’


This video says about itself:

Cüneyt Özdemir and Kenan Taş Report From Sinjar, Liberated from ISIS Terrorists

7 December 2015

Kenan Taş and Fatih Öztürk have entered Sinjar, a city recently liberated from ISIS terrorists, in the northern part of Iraq. 5N1K producer Kenan Tas reports from the front lines of Iraq, Sinjar, a small city in Northern Iraq where battles between ISIS militants and Kurdish Peshmerga forces where prominent for a long time. Recently, peshmerga forces liberated the town from ISIS militants and 5N1K team was one of the few journalists to enter the tumultuous city.

By Steve Sweeney in Britain:

Activists demand end to Erdogan’s killing of Kurds

Thursday 27th April 2017

PROTESTERS gathered outside the Turkish embassy in London yesterday to demand an “end to murderous attacks” and violations of international law by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s government.

The emergency demonstration was called by the British-based Kurdistan Solidarity Campaign as part of a Europe-wide day of action following Turkish air strikes on northern Syria’s Rojava region and the Iraqi town of Sinjar on Tuesday.

Fighter jets attacked People’s Protection Unit positions in the Syrian city of Derik, bombing a radio station and media centre and killing 18 people. Six more were confirmed killed when Kurdish Yazidi positions were targeted in Sinjar.

In an online statement published on Tuesday, the Turkish armed forces said “terrorist targets” had been hit with “complete efficiency.”

But Syrian Democratic Union Party co-chair Salih Muslim warned that the “Turkish attacks support Islamic State [ISIS]” and sources suggested that the air strikes could not have been conducted without the knowledge of the coalition of countries bombing Syria, including Britain.

Protesters urged people yesterday to join them in working for a peaceful solution to the “transnational conflict” and to condemn the murderous attacks and violations of international law by Turkey.

They also condemned the sale of fighter jets to Turkey in a £100 million “deal of shame” struck by Prime Minister Theresa May during a recent meeting with Mr Erdogan in the capital Ankara.

Kurdistan Solidarity Campaign spokesman Zinar Demeni told the Star: “This is the first time we have people from all parts of Kurdistan, in particular from Basur in Iraq.

“I think we haven’t seen unity like this for some time. People are shouting: ‘Turkish state out of Kurdistan,’ ‘terrorist Turkish state.’”

The Foreign Office was not available for comment by the time the Star went to print.

By James Tweedie:

The [Kurdish Syrian women’s anti-ISIS militia] YPJ argued that the raid by Nato member Turkey could not have occurred without the knowledge of the US-led Operation Inherent Resolve coalition.

“The coalition’s silence is proof and approval of this,” it said, adding that Turkey’s aim was to disrupt the SDF offensive against the Isis stronghold of Raqqa.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavosoglu confirmed that suspicion yesterday, telling reporters: “We told the US, our ally, directly that we would conduct the operation. We told them to move their forces 20-30 km to the south.”

But on Tuesday, US State Department spokesman Mark Toner claimed that Turkey had bombed Syria and Iraq “without proper co-ordination either with the United States or the broader global coalition to defeat Isis.”

“These air strikes were not approved by the coalition and led to the unfortunate loss of life of our partner forces in the fight against Isis that includes members of the Kurdish Peshmerga,” he said.

KURDISH leaders accused Turkey of collaborating with Isis yesterday after the country’s air force killed dozens of militia in Syria and Iraq: here.

SCOTTISH trade unions have vowed solidarity with over 100,000 public-sector workers sacked by Turkey’s right-wing Erdogan regime and have pledged to raise money to support them: here.

Advertisements

14 thoughts on “‘Stop Erdogan’s wars in Syria, Iraq’

  1. Pingback: Footballing refugees succesfull in Greece | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  2. Pingback: May Day, International Workers Day, approaching | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  3. YBŞ/YJŞ: We will use our right to defense against attacks

    YBŞ/YJŞ Command said they will use their right to legitimate defense and respond to all attacks and plans as the defense force of the Êzidî people.

    YBŞ/YJŞ (Shengal Resistance Units/Shengal Women’s Units) Command issued a written statement on the Turkish state’s attacks on Rojava and Shengal.

    The statement said the following:

    “At around 02:00 on April 25, 2017 Turkish warplanes conducted an aerial attack on Shengal. The bombardment continued till 04:00 am. Six YBŞ positions and civilian areas were struck in the attack. In the bombardment on civilian areas, Êzidî people’s supply store and Dengê Çıra radio station were hit, as result of which one civilian died and two YBŞ fighters were slightly injured.

    With the aerial attack, the Turkish state seeks to prepare the ground for its plan to take and rule Mosul-Kirkuk-Shengal and Tal Afar. Targeting the people and fighters of Shengal, Turkey aims to have Shengal evacuated through these attacks and realize its fascist and colonialist plans in Southern Kurdistan afterwards. We see this aggression as an attack targeting not only Shengal’s people and YBŞ/YJŞ but also Southern Kurdistan and all the Kurdish people. Turkish colonialism targets anything pertaining to Kurds and Kurdistan. Turkey seeks to avenge the dark plans that were developed with a dirty alliance with ISIS and were foiled by the epic resistance of Shengal people, and it targets the existence, gains and free future of Êzidîs.”

    Refuting the Turkish media reports that ‘PKK camps in Shengal were hit’, YBŞ/YJŞ Command said the attack targeted the Êzidî people, YBŞ/YJŞ fighters and press in Shengal. The statement pointed to Turkey’s war developed through media that intends to put policies of displacement into practice as another way of genocide by subjecting the Êzidî people to fear and panic.

    Stressing that Shengal people preserve their honorable stance of resistance and are organized enough to frustrate these dirty plans and the goal of unfounded reports, YBŞ/YJŞ Command called on the Êzidîs and all the people of Kurdistan to take an all-out resistance position against colonialist plans in order to upset the plans for the invasion of Southern Kurdistan. YBŞ/YJŞ said that enhancing the Kurdish national unity and resistance is the only way to defeat the colonialist barbarism and attempts of invasion.

    Stating that KDP positions were also targeted in this attack, resulting in casualties among peshmergas, YBŞ/YJŞ Command said the strike of peshmerga positions was a deliberate act, adding:

    “For the Turkish state, the primary target has always been the existence and free life of the Kurds. The Turkish state that knows no limits in its enmity towards the Kurds wants to succeed in its colonialist plans by creating a deadlock on basis of deepening the already existing conflicts among Kurdish forces. For this reason, all the Kurdistani forces should be careful against such colonialist attempts and efforts to create a separation among the Kurdish people and move them away from national unity.

    All these attacks are a continuation of the genocide the Turkish state and ISIS alliance perpetrated in Shengal on 3 August, 2014. Coming into play at a time when ISIS is nearing the end, the Turkish state has practically taken sides with the ISIS. Just like we did not allow the continuation of the genocide through YBŞ/YJŞ organization, our forces have frustrated this attack by avoiding suffering losses through military tactics. Not confining ourselves to frustrate this attack, we well retaliate against all attacks and use our right to legitimate defense.

    Our Êzidî people have faced yet another attempt of genocide after the 73rd one they have been through.

    However, we, YBŞ/YJŞ will respond to all attacks and plans as the defense force of our people. It should be known that our people are organized in self-defense and capable of responding to all attacks strongly. We state that no attack on our people will reach its goal, and we call on all our people to take sides with the resistance we developed under the lead of YBŞ/YJŞ, and to continue the struggle until the freedom of Shengal and Êzidî people is attained.”

    Source: ANF News Desk 26-04-2017

    Like

  4. Pingback: May Day demonstrations today | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  5. Pingback: Turkish regime threatens torture of British journalist | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  6. Pingback: Trump’s air force keeps killing Syrian civilians | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  7. Pingback: Trump administration’s corrupt connection with Turkish regime | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  8. Pingback: Saudi-Qatar conflict becomes Turkey-Qatar conflict | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  9. Pingback: British government’s Saudi allies promote terrorism in Britain | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  10. Pingback: Turkey’s Erdogan threatens war on Iraqi Kurdistan | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  11. Pingback: German government cosies up to Turkish regime | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  12. Pingback: Warmonger Trump withdraws soldiers from Syria, other warmongers upset | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  13. Pingback: Trump’s lawyer differs from Trump administration on persecuting whistleblowers | Dear Kitty. Some blog

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.