This video says about itself:
27 July 2014
There are at least 120,000 Bedoon jinsiyya (without nationality) in Kuwait today, suffering from the lack of human rights in a State that wants to deny their very existence. Over the past couple of years, stateless activists and protesters have stepped up their efforts in campaigning for equal rights and recognition for the Bedoon. Increasingly, average Kuwaiti citizens are joining the ranks of the protesters and have brought a new dynamic to the issue.
During the United States Republican party primaries election campaign, candidate Donald Trump proposed to ban all Muslims from coming to the USA. Candidate Jeb Bush reacted by moaning that then he would no longer be able to receive the Saudi royal family in the USA. There are strong links between the Bush dynasty and the Saudi royals; with, eg, Saudi secret police boss Prince Bandar being nicknamed ‘Bandar Bush’.
Now, it looks like Trump’s proposed ban is against poor refugees from wars (often, Pentagon and CIA wars) and human rights violations in mostly Islamic countries; not against rich, powerful people of those countries. Like the British Conservative government also bans poor refugees while welcoming rich Middle Eastern princes. Like the French government uses Islamophobia to damage civil liberties at home and wage wars abroad; but at the same time closes public beaches to the public to make them private beaches for Saudi royals.
Recently, the Bahraini regime moved its annual National Day celebration to President-elect Donald Trump’s lavish Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.
And it looks like the Kuwaiti regime has followed suit.
From Associated Press:
Kuwait Moves Annual Washington Party to Trump‘s Hotel
DEC. 20, 2016, 2:54 P.M. E.S.T.
WASHINGTON — One of the Middle East’s richest nations said Tuesday it would host its annual Washington party at Donald Trump’s new hotel, underscoring the president-elect’s unusual status as the owner of a major venue for events in the U.S. capital.
Salem Al Sabah, Kuwait’s ambassador to the U.S., said the party would take place Feb. 25, adding that he hopes guests like the “new hotel in town.” He said no one pressed him to move the Kuwaiti National Day event from its regular venue at the Four Seasons. Although Kuwait did not have a contract with the Four Seasons for the party, the date had been set aside for it to possibly take place there.
“I do not know President-elect Trump,” the ambassador told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. “I do not know any of his people. None of his people have contacted me.” He added: “I thought would be exciting for our guests to see a new venue. It looks great. It looks cool. So let’s do it.”
Al Sabah noted that last year’s reception occurred at the Newseum, a museum promoting the media.
Nevertheless, the move to Trump’s $200-million renovation of the Old Post Office Pavilion could reinforce questions raised about the incoming president’s possible conflicts of interest. House Democrats already have warned that they’ll make the splashy hotel a headache for Trump if he doesn’t dump his ownership stake before taking office Jan. 20. Trump has a six-decade lease on the property.
The Trump Organization is moving to remove thorny overseas relationships, canceling hotel licensing deals in Azerbaijan, neighboring Georgia and Brazil.
Al Sabah ridiculed the notion that he would choose the D.C. hotel to curry favor with the next administration.
“We have very deep economic, military and cultural ties; we’ve had tens of thousands of American troops in our country,” he said, noting Kuwait’s basing of forces for U.S. operations in Afghanistan and to fight the Islamic State [ISIS] group. “You think a two-hour reception in a ballroom does that?”