This video from the USA says about itself:
Los Angeles Schools Closed After Receiving Threat – Newsy
15 December 2015
All Los Angeles Unified School District schools were suddenly closed Tuesday after a possible bomb threat.
From Newsday in New York in the USA:
New York City got same threat as Los Angeles, was hoax, officials say
Updated December 15, 2015 1:19 PM
By Matthew Chayes
New York City authorities opted to keep public schools open Tuesday after receiving a bomb threat apparently identical to the one that led Los Angeles to close down schools there.
“I think it was a significant overreaction,” said Bratton, who was chief of the Los Angeles Police Department between 2002 and 2009 before returning to New York to head the NYPD.
Bratton said his investigators believe it’s a hoax for several reasons, such as the first letter of “Allah” being uncapitalized.
From KTVL.com in the USA:
Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.-27th District) told CNN’s Ashleigh Banfield that while the email threat was written by someone who claimed to be a Muslim extremist, there were some red flags concerning its credibility.
“In the whole text of the email there is a pornographic reference to a body part that … this person claims to be a devout Muslim, I don’t think that that’s consistent. There is certainly nothing in the text of the email that shows that the person who wrote it has any particular understanding of Islam,” he said. “The second issue is … [the author] claims that he’s got 32 accomplices–that’s way beyond what ISIS or even al-Qaida have been able to put together in any western city.”
The Newsday article continues:
The Los Angeles schools — the second-largest district in the nation after New York City’s — announced a systemwide closure Tuesday after receiving what was termed “a credible threat.”
“It is not credible,” de Blasio said. He added: “Our school system remains fully open.”
De Blasio said NYPD intelligence analysts scrutinized the email: “This was a very generic piece of writing,” he said, and the threatened violence “is not plausible.”
“It’s very important not to overreact in situations like this,” de Blasio said.
Bratton said the email appears to have come from overseas and was received by a superintendent of the city schools.
Translated from NOS TV in the Netherlands today:
Authorities in Los Angeles think the email was sent from an IP address in Germany.
The Los Angeles City school district, the second-largest public school system in the United States, shut down over 1,000 schools early Tuesday morning after school board members received an email threatening an attack on multiple school locations with assault rifles and bombs in backpacks. By the afternoon, the email had been determined to be a hoax. Some 643,000 students were told at the last minute not to show up at school, undoubtedly forcing many thousands of parents to miss work and disrupting the lives of millions in the city: here.