Saudi Arabian government resumes killing Yemeni civilians again


This video says about itself:

Saudi Cleric: We Will Enjoy Torturing Yemeni Women and Children

1 April 2015

A ‎Saudi cleric on State TV channel Al-Wesaal says: “Right now we’re starving Sa’ada, nothing will enter. Not fuel, we will not allow food for their infants to enter, not medicine for their old/sick ones. By Allah their pain & suffering will only give us more pleasure to see them tortured“.

At a certain point the conscience of the world will explode and people will demand the rulers of Saudi Arabia be brought before a world court to answer for their crimes against humanity and support for terrorism.

By Niles Williamson:

Saudi-led coalition resume air strikes in Yemen

19 May 2015

The coalition of Arab states led by Saudi Arabia and backed by the United States resumed its brutal assault against Houthi militia targets throughout Yemen Sunday, following the expiration of a five-day cease-fire that began last week.

A plea by a UN envoy to Yemen, Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed, that the five-day “humanitarian truce” should turn into a permanent cease-fire fell on deaf ears. The Saudi-led coalition rejected outright any extension of the truce to allow for the shipment and disbursement of further aid.

There were at least three air strikes reported Monday in the northern province of Saada, the stronghold of the Houthi rebels. Bombs were also dropped on the southern port city of Aden, where the Houthis and allied forces control the presidential palace and have been fighting for control of the airport and other key portions of the city.

Aden’s health chief Al Khader Laswar reported Sunday that four people had been killed and 39 others had been wounded in fighting, including four women and two children. According to Laswar, 517 civilians and pro-Hadi fighters have been killed in the city since fighting began in March.

Saudi Arabia also resumed firing artillery shells and rockets across its southern border against Houthi outposts in northern Yemen. The Saudi military reported Monday that their forces had responded to mortars fired from Yemen at a military garrison in its southern Najran province.

US Secretary of State John Kerry, who praised the bloody war in Yemen earlier this month when he met with Saudi King Salman in Riyadh, blamed the Houthis for the resumption of air strikes. …

From the beginning, the Obama administration has backed the assault on Yemen as part of its efforts to maintain control of the country, which occupies a key geostrategic position along critical oil transport lanes. Yemen has also functioned as a base for US drones in the region.

Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al Jubeir released a statement in which he expressed “regret that the truce did not achieve its humanitarian goals,” and echoed Kerry’s statement that the Houthis were at fault for continuing violence. …

In fact, the Saudi coalition has repeatedly carried out air strikes on the civilian air strips in Sanaa and Hodeida as part of its efforts to enforce a no-fly zone since it began military operations in March. It has also enforced a punishing blockade of the country’s ports, which, taken together with the no-fly zone, has cut off Yemen’s normal supply of food, fuel and medical supplies. As a result, as many as 20 million people, approximately 80 percent of the population, are going hungry.

Coalition bombs have been dropped on residential neighborhoods, a dairy factory in Hodeida, a refugee camp in northern Yemen and a warehouse containing materials for distributing clean water. The Saudi regime has admitted to targeting hospitals and schools, in violation of international law, because they claim they are being used by the Houthis to store weapons and stage attacks. More than 30 schools have been wrecked by air strikes, while the fighting has kept more than 2 million children from attending class.

The brief cease-fire has done little to ease the increasingly desperate conditions confronting millions of civilians in what was already one of the poorest countries in the Arab world. Residents of Saada and Aden reported that, in spite of the delivery of new aid into the country, the much-needed food and medical supplies had not been adequately distributed.

“There is still no fuel available and an extreme shortage of food,” Ghassan Salah, a resident of Aden told the Wall Street Journal. “Some families have received [aid], some haven’t. Government officials who are supposed to distribute it free sometimes sell it. Nothing has improved.”

Civilians have borne the brunt of the assault, accounting for more than half of those killed and wounded. The UN estimates that in less than two months at least 1,820 people have been killed and 7,330 wounded in air strikes and fighting on the ground. Additionally, the US-backed, Saudi-led war has already displaced more than half a million people.

16 thoughts on “Saudi Arabian government resumes killing Yemeni civilians again

  1. Pingback: The Socialist | Saudi Arabian government resumes killing Yemeni civilians again

  2. Saturday 23rd May 2015

    NINETEEN Shi’ite worshippers were slaughtered in Saudi Arabia yesterday and 28 wounded when a suicide bomber targeted a mosque as the seventh-century birth of Imam Hussain was being commemorated.

    Interior Ministry spokesman Major General Mansour al-Turki said that the bomber had struck the Imam Ali mosque in a village called al-Qudeeh.

    Local activist Naseema al-Sada said that the local hospital had urged residents to donate blood.

    Shi’ite residents in eastern Saudi Arabia complain regularly of discrimination and say that unemployment runs high among Shi’ite youth in the area.

    “I hold the government responsible,” said Ms Sada.

    “The government should protect us, not encourage sermons and schoolbooks to incite against us as non-believers.”

    http://morningstaronline.co.uk/a-718d-Saudi-Arabia-Shiites-slaughtered-in-suicide-attack#.VWDdr0ZZN1Q

    Like

  3. Pingback: Islamic poetess against ISIS | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  4. Pingback: Human rights, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Canada | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  5. Pingback: Mass funerals of terrorism victims in Saudi Arabia | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  6. Pingback: Saudi air force keeps killing, injuring Yemeni civilians | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  7. Pingback: Saudi monarchy flogging bloggers, killing Yemeni civilians with British weapons | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  8. Pingback: War on Yemen, to distract from Saudi Arabia’s internal problems | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  9. Pingback: Saudi air force butchering Yemeni refugees, again | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  10. Pingback: Saudi warplanes keep killing Yemeni civilians | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  11. Pingback: Saudi bombing kills many Yemeni civilians again | Dear Kitty. Some blog

  12. Pingback: Saudi Arabia’s new warmongering crown prince | Dear Kitty. Some blog

Leave a Reply to petrel41 Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.