This video from the USA says about itself:
Damian Washington – “Raise The Wage!”
5 September 2014
Pay America’s Workers A Livable Wage!
(1) Most fast-food workers are adults who are major breadwinners for their families;
(2) had the minimum wage fifty years ago; merely kept up with inflation it would be over $15 today;
(3) when these giant corporations don’t pay living wages the rest of us pay Medicaid and food stamps to help these families stay out of poverty;
(4) a $15 living wage puts more money into the pockets of people who will spend it, thereby creating more jobs, not fewer;
(5) McDonalds, Burger King, and the rest are hugely profitable, paying their CEOs over 1,000 times what they pay their front-line workers. It’s time America’s fast-food workers got a raise!
Leading US socialist Kshama Sawant has launched a bid to export her campaign that scored a historic victory for higher wages in Seattle across the Atlantic. Ms Sawant spoke in Britain for the first time on Saturday after her shock election to Seattle’s city council on a Socialist Alternative ticket last November: here.