Translated from NOS TV in the Netherlands:
12 Sep 2014, 16:45 (Update: 12-09-14, 17:19)
It was, according to experts, built around 1750 to house and protect Dutch soldiers. The fort certainly had five bastions, protruding defenses. which had Dutch names such as Bastion Amsterdam, Bastion Iron and Repairman.
The fortress was razed in 1824 because the structure was no longer able to accommodate all Dutch soldiers.
Five years ago
In 2009 the foundations were discovered on a piece of undeveloped land in Semarang.
Since then, research has been done. Four days ago the archaeologists started with the first excavation work. Two feet below the surface, they stumbled upon the foundations of the old Dutch fort. Hundreds of fragments of ceramic and glass jars were also found.
All of the bastions will never be exposed. At the place where they have been, condominiums will be built.