This video says about itself:
8 October 2014
Italian Football Federation president Carlo Tavecchio was handed a six-month ban by UEFA on Tuesday (7 Octover) over alleged racist comments made by him during his election campaign.
Another video which used to be on YouTube used to say about itself:
Controversial Carlo Tavecchio Wins Election
12 August 2014
Carlo Tavecchio has been elected the president of Italy’s football federation, less than a month after making a racist remark about African players.
After a self-styled fascist as Italian football boss in Sunderland in England, now a somewhat similar case from Italy itself.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Football: Italy elect racist to lead governing body
Tuesday 12th August 2014
Carlo Tavecchio appointed Italian Football Federation president
Carlo Tavecchio, the candidate at the centre of a racism controversy, has been elected as the new president of the Italian Football Federation.
Tavecchio drew heavy criticism last month for making an allegedly racist comment about “eating bananas” during an address to a summer assembly of Italy’s amateur leagues and was also accused of sexism in an interview back in 2009.
But despite the fact Serie A clubs including Fiorentina and Sampdoria withdrew their backing in the weeks leading up to the elective assembly, Tavecchio was confirmed as Giancarlo Abete’s successor at the FIGC when polling 63.33 per cent of the third-round votes after the first two rounds proved inconclusive.
He polled 60.20 per cent to Albertini’s 35.46 per cent in the first round, which had required a quorum of 75 per cent, and had 63.18 per cent of the votes to his opponent’s 34.07 per cent in a second round requiring a quorum of 66 per cent.
The delegation was comprised of 278 representatives from Serie A, Serie B, the Lega Pro, the Amateur League, the Players’ Association, the Coaches’ Association and the Referees’ Association.
The Lega Pro, which represents 60 third and fourth division teams, last week said nearly all of its members would back Tavecchio, who had been vice-president of the FIGC since 2009.
The campaign against his candidacy began when he made an allegedly racist comment when using a fictional example to try to make a point about the number of foreign players in the Italian leagues.
Quoted in La Repubblica, Tavecchio said: “England identifies the players coming in and, if they are professional, they are allowed to play.
“Here, on the other hand, let’s say there’s (fictional player) Opti Poba, who has come here, who previously was eating bananas and now is a first-team player for Lazio.
“In England he has to demonstrate his CV and his pedigree.”
He subsequently apologised but Fifa has since asked the FIGC to conduct an investigation into the comments and to report its findings back to the world governing body.
He has a string of criminal convictions to his name and was recently at the centre of a racism and sexism storm in Italy, but – quite remarkably – Carlo Tavecchio is the new president of the FIGC: here.
See also here.
ITALIAN football prosecutors won’t take any action against new federation president Carlo Tavecchio over allegedly racist comments he made: here.
Arrigo Sacchi: ‘I’m not racist … but there are too many blacks in youth teams’: here.
Former Italy manager Arrigo Sacchi has said that there are “too many players of colour” in Italian youth teams: here.