A new award has been created by Coach @ http://goodtimestories.wordpress.com/.
It’s called “The Lighthouse Award” ……
~~created for “a blog that brings light to a dark world”~~
My blog has been nominated for this newly created award by Horty, of the blog It Is What It Is.
I’m deeply honoured that Horty has considered my blog for this inspirational and meaningful award.
A lighthouse is a beacon of light, a guiding light ….. to be considered and compared to this is humbling and brings with it much responsibility, obligation and accountability. I will try my best to live up to this honor with integrity and veracity.
“A lighthouse is a tower, building, or other type of structure designed to emit light from a system of lamps and lenses and used as an aid to navigation for maritime pilots at sea or on inland waterways.
Lighthouses mark dangerous coastlines, hazardous shoals, reefs, safe entries to harbors, and can also assist in aerial navigation. Once widely used, the number of operational lighthouses has declined due to the expense of maintenance and replacement by modern electronic navigational systems.”
Here are the rules of this award:
- Display the Award certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations
- Share three ways that you like to help other people.
- There is no limit to the number of people that you can nominate.
- HAVE FUN!!!
My nominees for this award are:
5. On Genocide
Three ways to help people:
1. Inform then on issues often not found in the mainstream media.
2. Help them to think critically.
3. Point out where in the world there is beauty and hope.