This is a video of a male northern wheatear.
A major factor in this good news seems to be horses grazing in the Terschelling dunes. This means more and more varied flowers; so, more insects on which wheatears feed. More open, sandy patches also means more rabbits. Northern wheatears nest in rabbit holes.
Terschelling nature in 2013: here.
Grazing animals on Texel: here.
- Seebohm’s Wheatear reaches Britain? (birdingfrontiers.com)
- NEWS: Meet Iqaluit’s air miles champion: the northern wheatear (nunatsiaqonline.ca)
- Places and Patterns of a Festival (atlantistudelft.wordpress.com)
- Northern Wheatear Oenanthe oenanthe (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Wheatear survival (ecologyimages.wordpress.com)
- Aldebaran and oystercatcher against light pollution (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Tambú, theatre on Caribbean slavery history (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Closer to the Wheatears (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Wheatears at my Caravan hide (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Effect of Geolocators on Migration and Subsequent Breeding Performance of a Long-Distance Passerine Migrant (plosone.org)