This is a video about the sea spider species Ammothea hilgendorfi.
This video is the first time ever that this sea spider species, originally from the Pacific, new for western Europe, has been recorded on film in the Netherlands.
Peter van Bragt made the video about this sea spider with its zebra-like stripes.
This species has been mentioned before on this blog.
Here is another video by Peter van Bragt on this sea spider.
- Pacific sea spider in Dutch estuary (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Transparent Sea Spider (xo.typepad.com)
- New trapdoor spider species discovery (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- New Brazilian wasps discovered (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Some entomologists fear spiders (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Ice age hyena coprolite research in the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
Pingback: Rare weatherfish found in The Netherlands | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Sheet web spider European spider of the year 2014 | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: New sea spider discovery in the Netherlands | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Dutch spiders Top Ten | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Sea spider anatomy, new research | Dear Kitty. Some blog