This video is called Extinct hyenas tribute.
Among the finds so far in the coprolites is an Alpine marmot piece of bone. And a burying beetle shield. Scientists are still investigating which beetle species in the Nicrophorus genus that was. Had the beetle, like the hyena, been attracted by a dead mammoth?
- Hyenas, new research (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Getting the Dirt On Ancient Life With Coprolites (science.slashdot.org)
- North Side woman’s video captures clash between lions, hyenas (triblive.com)
- Bacteria Affect Smell Hyena (technologyka.wordpress.com)
- Ancient Shark’s Last Meal: Baby Turtle (livescience.com)