This video from the USA says about itself:
(Recorded in 1989) A wacky and entertaining video featuring Bill Nye “The Science Guy” talking about the importance of wetlands. Produced by the Washington State Department of Ecology with funds from the National Oceanic Administration (NOAA) under the Coastal Zone Management Act.
From the University of Essex in England today:
Helping protect the world’s wetland landscapes
23 minutes ago
Action to help preserve some of the world’s most valuable ecosystems is behind a major international project, led by the University of Essex.
The culmination of the five-year project has been the development of an integrated action planning toolkit on wetland conservation and management, which can be adapted to help provide bespoke solutions to protect valuable ecosystems around the globe.
Launched today at events in China, India and Vietnam, the Wetland Resources Action Planning (WRAP) toolkit offers researchers, technical planners and policymakers a systematic approach to conserve and to sustainably manage wetland ecosystems and biodiversity. …
This major initiative focused on highlands in Asia as they often harbor endemic species not found elsewhere or species threatened with extinction globally, such as the marbled eel in China and the golden mahseer and snow trout in India. What is concerning environmentalists is that these valuable ecosystems are increasingly under pressure from deforestation, land-use change, overfishing, flooding and worsening climate change impacts.
- Good Chinese bird news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Feds to unveil 50-year SF Bay wetlands restoration (utsandiego.com)
- Exploring Vermont’s Wetlands: The Missisquoi Delta (vtwatershedblog.com)
- Qunli Stormwater Wetland Park Stores Rainwater While Protecting the Environment from Urban Development (inhabitat.com)
- Wetlands Mitigation Team: Preliminary Report (mscbcmnsep.wordpress.com)
- Qunli Stormwater Wetland Park / Turenscape (archdaily.com)
- San Francisco Bay: Feds release 50-year, $1.2 billion plan to restore wetlands and wildlife (mercurynews.com)
- A range of wetlands needed for bird conservation: study (thehindu.com)
- Monitoring of carbon-rich wetlands a focus at UN climate talks (eco-business.com)