This video says about itself:
Short-billed dowitcher is a medium-sized shorebird common on both U.S. coasts during migration.
From Rare Bird Alert in Britain:
Sunday 17th November 2013
The fourth Short-billed Dowitcher for Britain was identified on North Ronaldsay, Orkney today. Other new discoveries included a Siberian Stonechat on St Agnes, Isles of Scilly, an American Golden Plover at Sennen, Cornwall and a Glossy Ibis over Chilwell, Nottinghamshire.
Significant late news concerned a suppressed Dusky Thrush in Devon, which was present for at least eight days up to the 2nd November in gardens in Paignton, where it showed very well for the selected few.
Back to today, the Western Orphean Warbler was still present in a garden near Marloes, Pembrokeshire. Other lingering rarities included the Pacific Diver in Cornwall, Lesser Grey Shrike in Northumberland, Two-barred Crossbills in Gloucestershire (14), Norfolk, Yorkshire, Surrey and Kent, Lesser Yellowlegs and Long-billed Dowitcher in Hampshire, White-rumped Sandpiper in Lincolnshire, American Golden Plover in County Cork, Gyr on the Western Isles, Black Kite in Kent, Bonaparte’s Gull in Devon, single Lesser Scaups in Somerset, County Kerry and County Galway and Glossy Ibises in Gloucestershire (two) and Nottinghamshire.
– Will Soar, RBA
Britain and Ireland: Sunday Book Review – Bird Atlas 2007-11 by Dawn Balmer et al.: here.
- The White-rumped Sandpiper (Calidris fuscicollis) (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- New Bahamas national park (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Strandfontein’s the place to be! (hermanusbirdclub.wordpress.com)
- Isabelline Wheatear (birdingfrontiers.com)
- People? What are they? (bristolwildlife.wordpress.com)
- Project 365/311 – The Birds at Bombay Hook (bellaremyphotography.com)
- Dowitcher Twitch – 9/x/13 (celticbirder.wordpress.com)
- Brent geese, sanderlings and plovers (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 2013 – So Far… (celticbirder.wordpress.com)
- Birding News #41 (prairiebirder.wordpress.com)