Still, 16 November 2013 in Zeevang nature reserve. After our earlier time there, to the IJsselmeer lake coast. Near a harbour, someone feeds birds. It attracts mallards and black-headed gulls. And some common gulls. A tufted duck swims there as well.
Outside the harbour, grey lag geese swim.
Inland, there are meadows. On the bank of a canal, a hare tries to look very inconspicuous.
On the other bank of the canal, a grey heron.
Many northern lapwings flying around.
- Sparrowhawk against crows, and many wigeons (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Crossbills and white-fronted geese at EuroBirdwatch 2013 (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Intrepid Travelling Barnacle Geese (barnaclefishorfowl.wordpress.com)
- German migratory birds counted (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Travel log from Dave Pierce (barnaclefishorfowl.wordpress.com)
- Finland Barnacle Goose Population Continues Growing (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Barnacle goose strays 900 miles to Spain (scotsman.com)
- Barnacle goose attempting to fly from Norway to Scotland ends up in SPAIN (mirror.co.uk)
- 2005 (celticbirder.wordpress.com)