This video says about itself:
13 November 2013
Billions of years ago when the Red Planet was young, it appears to have had a thick atmosphere that was warm enough to support oceans of liquid water – a critical ingredient for life. The animation shows how the surface of Mars might have appeared during this ancient clement period, beginning with a flyover of a Martian lake. The artist’s concept is based on evidence that Mars was once very different. Rapidly moving clouds suggest the passage of time, and the shift from a warm and wet to a cold and dry climate is shown as the animation progresses. The lakes dry up, while the atmosphere gradually transitions from Earthlike blue skies to the dusty pink and tan hues seen on Mars today.
See also here.
Nasa’s Maven spacecraft set for Mars mission: here.
- NASA Animation Shows What Mars May Have Looked Like Billions Of Years Ago (VIDEO) (mukeshbalani.wordpress.com)
- NASA’s new amazing simulation of ancient Mars looks just like Earth (sploid.gizmodo.com)
- The blue skies and lakes of Mars 5 billion years ago – NASA’s “Mars Evolution” (bookofjoe.com)
- Nasa releases animation of what Mars looked like four billion years ago (telegraph.co.uk)
- Awesome NASA Simulation Shows The Evolution of Mars (technobuffalo.com)
- Nasa Concept Video Imagines Mars As It Was 4 Billion Years Ago (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.co.uk)