This video from England says about itself:
The starlings are an astonishing thing to see – Near Oxford – England. This was filmed at an RSPB reserve called Otmoor. It is the most remarkable thing I have ever seen – and as a video cameraman I have seen some pretty amazing things.
Starlings are still rather common birds. However, since the 1980s, their numbers in the Netherlands plummeted 60%.
BirdLife wants to investigate in 2014 what are the causes of this decline, and what may be done about them.
At the end of November 1913, there will be a Year of the starling Internet site. Or rather: it is already there, but will become more active then.
- Starlings help Dutch cattle, videos (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Starling Murmuration (30th October 2013) (fishingandwildlifenews.com)
- Feisty starlings say goodbye to Scotland for the winter with rude formation (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Murmurations (alvecotewood.wordpress.com)
- Photograph of starlings over Carmarthen captures top photography prize (walesonline.co.uk)
- Starling, You Were Right (jackadreams.info)