This video from the USA says about itself:
2 Nov 2013
“North Dakota, the nation’s No. 2 oil producer behind Texas, recorded nearly 300 oil pipeline spills in less than two years, state documents show. None was reported to the public, officials said.
According to records obtained by The Associated Press, the pipeline spills — many of them small — are among some 750 “oil field incidents” that have occurred since January 2012 without public notification.
“That’s news to us,” said Don Morrison, director of the Dakota Resource Council, an environmental-minded landowner group with more than 700 members in North Dakota.”* The Young Turks hosts Cenk Uygur breaks it down.
From the Huffington Post in the USA:
Greenville, Texas Oil Spill: Plains Pipeline Leaks Northeast Of Dallas
Posted: 11/06/2013 5:00 pm EST | Updated: 11/06/2013 5:21 pm EST
An oil spill was reported several miles north of Greenville, Texas this week. Hunt County officials first received word of a rupture in the Plains Pipeline on Tuesday night, KETR radio reports. At least one family has been evacuated.
The extent of the damage remains unknown and cleanup will take at least several days, KLTV reports.
Employees of Dallas ABC affiliate WFAA have tweeted several images of the scene.
North Dakota: Booming Oil Fields May Be Giving Sex Trafficking A Boost: here.
December 2013: Researchers at the University of Missouri have developed a technique to form a virtual wall for oily liquids that will help confine them to a certain area. This development will have future implications in the guided delivery of oil and effective blockage of oil spreading: here.
Chemical spill leaves 300,000 without water in West Virginia: here.
Galveston Bay oil spill imperils thousands of birds: here.
- New Photos of Tesoro Fracking Oil Spill in North Dakota (gas2.org)
- Oil companies in North Dakota fail to report almost 300 oil spills since 2012 (rawstory.com)
- Hundreds of oil spills kept secret by North Dakota (grist.org)
- North Dakota recorded 300 oil spills in two years without notifying the public (theguardian.com)
- North Dakota Keeps its Oil Spills Nice and Quiet (don-overton.newsvine.com)
- ND spills went unreported; state testing website (miamiherald.com)
- North Dakota failed to inform the public of 100s of oil spills over last two years – report (usahitman.com)
- North Dakota launching website to notify public of spills (billingsgazette.com)
- Firm with History of Spill Cover-Ups Hired to Clean Up North Dakota Oil Spill (rinf.com)