This video from the Netherlands is called Texel bird paradise.
23 October 2013. To Texel island.
The ferry is nearly in Texel harbour. A great cormorant flies. A herring gull. A jackdaw lands on the ship.
In Den Hoorn village, a blackbird in a tree with berries.
And a great tit.
We walk to nature reserve De Petten. Lesser black-backed gulls.
Shelducks. Scores of teal. Gadwall ducks.
An oystercatcher. A redshank.
A kestrel flies past.
A curlew in a meadow.
On the other side of the hill, the Mokbaai bay. A great cormorant. Hundreds of waders; but there is a storm, so the binoculars can’t be stable to see what waders,
Along the Paadje van Drijver foodpath, meadow pipits. A pheasant calls.
Texel October 2013 storm: here.
- Sixteen insect species discovered, new for Texel island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Pipits, turnstones and red knots (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Gibraltor Point 20/10/2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)
- In Search of Green-winged Teal (aflingofsandpipers.wordpress.com)
- The Bennerley Bugle No. 16 (thebennerleybugle.wordpress.com)
- 20 October 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- The Slufter on Texel island and its birdlife (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
- American kestrels, new research (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Rutland water visit 12/10/2013 (abbeybirder.wordpress.com)
- Sea eagle, osprey, egrets and fungi (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)