This nesting season animation is called American Kestrel.
From NestWatch in the USA:
Nesting Season Animations
Watch the progression of the nesting season like never before! Dots, representing single nests in our database, will appear on the date when the first egg was laid and will remain on the map for the average length of the nesting cycle for that particular species. Look for latitudinal and elevational patterns as the animations progress in 1-day time steps. Note that these models are only as good as the data on which they are based. The more observations that NestWatchers submit, the more accurate these models will become. You can help us improve our understanding of the nesting timeline by contributing your observations today! Note that most nests from 2013 will not be included in these animations until a later date.
This nesting season animation is called American Robin.
- American kestrels, new research (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Vermont bald eagle nests successful in 2013, other Vermont bird species also fared well (vtdigger.org)
- Peregrine Webcam Activated for Nesting Season (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Gloucester County Nature: Avian numerology (nj.com)
- Wawang Lake – Great Horned Owl (wawangresort.wordpress.com)
- Cows help bog turtles’ survival in southern NJ (newsday.com)