They are beaten, arrested.
Kuwaiti Police Humiliate Arrested Migrants: here.
Kuwait upholds 10-year prison sentence for Twitter ‘insults’: here.
As if oppressing human rights activists, workers, women, doctors, athletes, photographers, poets, etc. etc. in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are not already enough …
From Gulf News:
Homosexuals ‘to be barred from entering Kuwait‘
Medical screening tests to be used to reinforce decision
By Habib Toumi, Bureau Chief
Published: 14:55 October 7, 2013
Manama: The routine clinical screening of expatriates coming into the Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC) might be also used to “detect” homosexuals, a senior Kuwaiti official has said.
A central committee tasked with the status of expatriates will look into the proposal when it convenes on November 11, Yousuf Mindkar, the director of public health at the Kuwaiti health ministry, has said.
“Health centres conduct the routine medical check to assess the health of the expatriates when they come into the GCC countries,” he said. “However, we will take stricter measures that will help us detect gays who will be then barred from entering Kuwait or any of the GCC member states,” he said, quoted by local daily Al Rai on Monday.
The top-level bureaucrats of the Kuwaiti absolute monarchy seem to be ignorant about the World Health Organisation having stopped its classification of being gay as a “disease” already 23 years ago.
USA: Catholics push back against the firing of gay teachers at Catholic schools: here.
Christian students condemn gay classmates for ‘unpatriotic’ rainbow flag at US university: here.
- Kuwait MPs urged to ratify GCC security treaty (gulfnews.com)
- Egypt sends message to Kuwait after ‘criticism’ (worldbulletin.net)
- Kuwait To Conduct “Homosexuality Tests” To Stop Gay People From Entering Country (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Doctors will use clinical screening to ‘detect’ gays and ‘bar’ them from entering Kuwait (pinknews.co.uk)
- Lie Detector, Bomb Detector…’gay’ Detector! (shootthescribe.wordpress.com)