This Dutch video is about birds in the Oostvaardersplassen nature reserve.
Then, something special. A young osprey sitting in a tree; probably during its first migration to Africa.
A great cormorant flies past.
Maybe a hundred goldfinches by now sit together in treetops.
In another tree, a hobby cleans its feathers,
We continue along the railway. The next vantage point is De Krakeend.
Grey lag geese flying.
Two roe deer.
Near the visitors’ centre, a robin sings.
From the hide, we see shovelers, teal and gadwall ducks swimming.
Here is another Dutch Oostvaardersplassen video.
We start walking to another hide, De zeearend.
Near the bridge, many carp.
Chicken of the woods fungi on a tree.
About fifty starlings flying.
Just after that, ten bearded reedlings flying together, calling.
A pheasant calls.
A jay flying while calling.
A red deer.
Three kestrels fly together, just in front of the hide.
As we walk back, a great crested grebe with chicks.
When we are almost back at the visitors’ centre, we hear a water rail call.
After the Oostvaardersplassen, we continued to another nature reserve not far away: Lepelaarplassen. Stay tuned.
- Otter arrives in Dutch nature reserve (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Juvenile Little Blue Heron (ayearofbirding.com)
- Flying egret (michaelqpowell.wordpress.com)
- Great Egret (ayearofbirding.com)
- Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge (ayearofbirding.com)
- When you Hear Hoofbeats, Think Horses not Zebras – Daily Prompt: Name that… (babsjeheron.wordpress.com)
- GWE action! (blashfordlakes.wordpress.com)
- Cape Greco, Agia Napa and Akhna Dam 16th September 2013 (cyprusbirdingtours.com)