This video is called Shocking story of Dutch war veteran in Indonesia.
Sulawesi children sue Dutch government
Update: Monday 23 Sep 2013, 08:47
Five children of men who in 1947 in South Sulawesi were executed by Dutch soldiers have sued the Dutch government. They say that they, like the widows of the victims, are entitled to compensation.
With ten widows a settlement of 20,000 euros has been agreed. During the military actions between 1945 and 1949 their husbands were summarily executed. This scheme is supposed to be extended to all executions of that time.
Regarding the children the Dutch government claims the period of limitation has passed. The foundation on Dutch debts of honour compares their situation to that of the widows.
- Dutch apologise for Indonesian executions (aljazeera.com)
- Dutch apologise for Indonesian executions (sbs.com.au)
- Netherlands Apologizes for Indonesian Colonial Killings (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Netherlands apologizes to Indonesia for colonial executions (worldbulletin.net)
- Dutch apology for Indonesia killings (bbc.co.uk)
- Dutch Apologise for Indonesian Executions (ipsnews.net)
- Indonesian Widows Get Dutch Compensation, Apology Over 1946-47 Killings (thejakartaglobe.com)
- The Netherlands Apologize for Colonial Executions in Indonesia (genocidedaily.wordpress.com)
- Netherlands apologises for Indonesian colonial killings (thenewstribe.com)