Today, a dragonfly sat for minutes on the almost gone flowers in the Losdorp garden.
It was a red male of one of the smaller species.
I would say: male common darter. Though this is a species very similar to other, related, species.
Also in the garden: two green-veined white butterflies.
- Giant surprise for naturalist as he snaps rare dragonfly at Causeway (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Hares and buzzards (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Birds and butterflies of Rottumerplaat island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Flutter buzz (sianarulanantham.wordpress.com)
- Small tortoiseshells on butterfly-bush (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Butterflies Count (alvecotewood.wordpress.com)
- Insects on display (alvecotewood.wordpress.com)
- Damselflies and Dragonflies (welshwildstuff.com)
- Wicken Fen (earlymodernballads.wordpress.com)
- Dragonflies on sticks (alvecotewood.wordpress.com)