This video from the Netherlands is called Texel bird paradise.
The bird migration season in Europe is on.
Ecomare museum on Texel reports that recently some rare bird species were seen on the island. They include red-footed falcon, red-necked phalarope, wryneck, barred warbler, red-backed shrike, and long-tailed skua.
Texel November 2013 birds: here.
Texel 17-18 October 2015 birds: here.
CZIP (BirdLife in Montenegro) has secured a two-year hunting ban at the Lake Sasko Important Bird and Biodiversity Area (IBA) in Montenegro, which has been identified by BirdLife as an “IBA in Danger” because of threats to its biodiversity. BirdLife Cyprus has drafted the first ever national Strategic Action Plan to address illegal trapping, and BirdLife Malta led the formation of a coalition of Maltese NGOs for the abolition of spring hunting. SPNL (BirdLife in Lebanon) held its first training course to prepare hunters for the national hunting license exam: here.
- Texel island wildlife update (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Porpoise beached alive on Texel island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Arctic seal fossil on Dutch beach (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Texel (ellzaa.wordpress.com)
- Birds of Vlieland island, the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bird news from Rottumerplaat desert island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bottoms up for a bird on a balance (newscientist.com)
- Barn owls of Texel island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Tuna beached in the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- The Slufter on Texel island and its birdlife (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)