This video is about Burma’s Bin Laden, the Buddhist monk who fuels hatred.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Buildings torched in anti-Muslim riot
Sunday 25 August 2013
Fresh sectarian violence broke out in north-western Myanmar late on Saturday when Buddhist mobs burned down dozens of buildings following claims that a young woman had been sexually assaulted by a Muslim.
Hundreds of people took part in the riot on the outskirts of Kantbalu.
A crowd surrounded the police station demanding that the suspect be handed over, said a police officer from the area.
When police refused to hand over the prisoner the mob started setting buildings on fire, he said, and about 35 houses and 12 shops were destroyed.
Elsewhere hundreds of Muslims, who have been trapped in nearby ghettos after Buddhist mobs torched their homes last year, were moved to a camp for internally displaced people.
More than 5,700 people have been living in Aung Mingalar, a small Muslim quarter of Sittwe town, with police bearing assault rifles blocking entry and exit.
England: Muslims in an Essex town were left “very saddened” after the suspected anti-Islam arson of their centre on Sunday night: here.
- Burma: Buddhist mobs burn down Muslim homes and shops (theguardian.com)
- Systematic Patterns of Anti-Muslim Violence in Burma (transcend.org)
- Fresh communal unrest hits Burma (bbc.co.uk)
- Buddhists burn Muslim homes and shops in Burma (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hundreds of Muslims in Western Burma Relocated (irrawaddy.org)
- Buddhists In Myanmar Torch Muslim Homes And Shops (npr.org)