Instead, the Abe administration tries to undermine the pro-peace parts of the Japanese constitution, in order to boost militarism, no matter how much that will cost the ailing Japanese economy.
Instead, the Abe administration honours World War II criminals.
Instead, the Abe administration cuddles up to the absolute monarchies in the Arab Gulf region. They want to coöperate with them in
wars … oh so sorry, I forgot that I am supposed to use the euphemism “security”.
From Bernama news agency in Malaysia:
Japan To Launch Security Talks With 3 Persian Gulf States
TOKYO, Aug 16 — The Japanese government plans to launch bilateral security dialogue with Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar in a bid to ensure stable supply of crude oil and other fossil fuels, informed sources told Japan’s Jiji Press Thursday.
Japan is expected to reach agreements with the three Persian Gulf nations when Prime Minister Shinzo Abe visits them as part of a Middle East tour starting Aug 24, the sources said.
The security dialogue will involve foreign policy and defence officials.
Sea lane safety in the Persian Gulf is essential for Japan as the country depends on the Middle East for some 80 pct of its oil imports and 30 pct of its liquefied natural gas imports.
Bahrain: “Rebel” protests challenge regime’s crackdown: here.
- Japanese government honours war criminals (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Right-wing Japan challenging postwar order, experts warn (wantchinatimes.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship and David Cameron (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Abe no remorse over Japan’s wartime aggression against Asian neighbours (rightways.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain Cracks Down On Pro-Democracy Protesters (mintpressnews.com)
- Bahrain protests: Will the house of Khalifa fall like a house of cards? (rt.com)
- Japan worships notorious shrine generating tensions 68 years after end of World War II (rightways.wordpress.com)