This video is called Collateral Murder – Wikileaks – Iraq. The video, about occupation troops killing Iraqi civilians, was made available to the public by United States Private First Class Bradley Manning.
From the site of the Stop the War Coalition in Britain:
Private First Class Bradley Manning
“more brave than me : more blond than you”
by Robert Ilson
Who, me ? No way ! I’m a real fraidy-prat :
The whistle that I’d blow would call Them to me
And what would happen is that They’d subdue me
And rough me up and jail me. That would be that.
But Manning dared to do what I would not :
He let the cats out of their bags, all right,
So that we saw them snarl and scratch and fight
For power and privilege. He just simply could not
Stand it. It made him sick. So he revealed
What he was not supposed to. Does it matter ?
The fat cats still seem to be getting fatter.
But they may be foiled now they’re unconcealed,
Since one man did not do as he was bid.
I’d not have had the guts. I’m glad he did.
Public Meeting in London
Friday 9 August 7pm
War and Whistleblowers: Why Bradley Manning Should be Free
Full details here.
Speakers include Tariq Ali, Peter Tatchell and Norman Solomon from the USA, who will be en route to present to the Nobel committee in Oslo a petition with over 100,000 names calling for Bradley Manning to be awarded this year’s Nobel Peace Prize.
- Bradley Manning Is Not Guilty of Aiding the Enemy (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Syracuse Peace Council: It’s time to free Bradley Manning (syracuse.com)
- Truthdigger of the Week: Bradley Manning (truthdig.com)
- The Other Manning: Why We Cannot Forget About The Iraq War Whistleblower (centerleftorg.wordpress.com)
- Bradley Manning Verdict Breakdown (wearechange.org)
- Petition to serve Bradley Manning’s jail time has hundreds of signers in hours (onesquarelight.wordpress.com)
- We Are Bradley Manning (dmitryev.wordpress.com)
- United States – Who will dare talk to the media after another whistleblower is jailed? (en.rsf.org)
- Bradley Manning’s Lawyer on the Unfairness, and Dignity, We Weren’t Allowed to See (bagnewsnotes.com)