This video from the Netherlands is called Texel bird paradise.
Unfortunately, all five hen harrier nests this year have failed to produce chicks.
There is better news about the four marsh harrier nests. At three of them, the chicks have already fledged. At the fourth nest, the chicks are still too small for that.
Probably, more bluethroat chicks have fledged this year compared to last year.
Meadow brown and other butterflies are common in the Westerduinen dunes now.
- Sunday travel anthology (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Rottumeroog island birds and flowers (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bittern, avocet chick, butterflies (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Little ringed plover breeds at Salina (timesofmalta.com)
- Coot nest, second brood chicks hatch (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Osprey named Lady, thought to the oldest in the UK, sees 50th chick fly from her Scottish nest (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Freshly Fledged – Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh (babsjeheron.wordpress.com)
- Walk.Train.Boat.Bus.Beach (passionatelyabiding.wordpress.com)