The sperm whale, which beached earlier today on Terschelling island in the Netherlands, has died.
Attempts to refloat the animal by digging a channel through the sand came too late. About 18:30 local time, the situation of the whale suddenly deteriorated.
See also here.
Update September 2013: here.
- Sperm whale beaches on Terschelling island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- A huge baby Sperm Whale swimming alone in sunlit waters while… (thekidshouldseethis.com)
- Birds of Terschelling island, the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Picture of the Day: Baby Sperm Whale Jumps for Joy, Goes Flying Through the Air (news.softpedia.com)
- Whaling in Connecticut (manuscripts.wordpress.com)
- Coastline of Ilocos Norte becoming marine animal grave (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Whales Almost Swallow, ‘Eat’ Divers in California (+Video) (theepochtimes.com)
- Pygmy sperm whale, calf die on Florida beach (local10.com)
- Whales (emilyeverdell.wordpress.com)
- Emergency rule to protect sperm whales (utsandiego.com)
So sad. I thank everyone who attempted to save him. Blessings and peace, Barbara
Thank you Barbara! I hope that later attempts to save beached whales will work out better.
Reblogged this on idealisticrebel.
Thanks for your reblog, Barbara!